• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry vs concealed carry? what defines concealed?

Interceptor_Knight

Well..... all I can say is I have personally met Mr Hamlet and he doesn't look like the gentleman who made the video describing the disconnect between 167.31 and 941.23.

My apologies for even suggesting this to be the case then. The similarities in their posts including insulting the other poster instead of rationally discussing the subject matter at hand and the use of insults such as "sock puppet" led me to believe that they may have been the same person.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Quote Paul....

The 'event' is dinner, or, karaoke, or, hanging out with my wife, or watching the World Series.

Some examples would be a:
Banquet
Gun Show
Craft Show
Pig Roast
Concert

Something advertised as such would certainly help your case...

Actually, the dinner (Friday Fish Fry), and the Karaoke, are in fact advertized. IK, as a perfectionist in my real world, I can understand your insistance to the extreme on following the letter of law, here and on the lawfull carry in a vehicle question, but in this case, we are talking about an open carry friendly establishment, in an open carry friendly area of the state, and the fact that even if it was as you say based on the letter of the law, as I too have open carried there, trust me, nobody involved would even think of pressing charges or making an arrest in this particular instance. Another words, as in your lawfull vehicle carry campaign, maybe just maybe, you are being a little to literal on the letter of the laws and expecting others to feel as you do on these subjects.

I will totally agree that giving newcomers correct information is vital, but also giving newcomers confusing / contradicting information, can be at best, borderline helpfull.

Outdoorsman1

Interceptor_Knight

... Another words, as in your lawfull vehicle carry campaign, maybe just maybe, you are being a little to literal on the letter of the laws and expecting others to feel as you do on these subjects.

I will totally agree that giving newcomers correct information is vital, but also giving newcomers confusing / contradicting information, can be at best, borderline helpfull.

I propose that information to newcomers be presented in a manner which illustrates the letter of the law along with how various areas are selectively enforcing it. In other words, what you are doing may not adhere to the letter of the law but it is common practice in your area of the State. Just as others have given anecdotal evidence that not all LEOs enforce 167 the way a Milwaukee metro LEO may enforce it. We have members proud that they have driven around for years with uncased firearms on their seats and the local LEOs see it and do not cite for it.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

I propose that information to newcomers be presented in a manner which illustrates the letter of the law along with how various areas are selectively enforcing it. In other words, what you are doing may not adhere to the letter of the law but it is common practice in your area of the State.

I am not sure how it isn't adhering to the letter of the law if there is no state definition of event. Absent that, what constitutes an event is up to interpretation by the individual.

Outdoorsman1

I propose that information to newcomers be presented in a manner which illustrates the letter of the law along with how various areas are selectively enforcing it. In other words, what you are doing may not adhere to the letter of the law but it is common practice in your area of the State. Just as others have given anecdotal evidence that not all LEOs enforce 167 the way a Milwaukee metro LEO may enforce it. We have members proud that they have driven around for years with uncased firearms on their seats and the local LEOs see it and do not cite for it.

EXACTLY.....

And by it (whatever it might be) being "common practice in a certain area of the state", those that live in the area are more comfortable not following the letter of the law to the extreme knowing that "local LEO's might see it and not cite for it". This is what I (we) have been saying all along...

Whew.... It is nice to (finally) agree on this common ground way of looking at any issue...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

I am not sure how it isn't adhering to the letter of the law if there is no state definition of event. Absent that, what constitutes an event is up to interpretation by the individual.

Speaking specifically... THIS... ^^^^^^^^

Speaking generally... THIS....

Snip...

Originally Posted by Interceptor_Knight
I propose that information to newcomers be presented in a manner which illustrates the letter of the law along with how various areas are selectively enforcing it. In other words, what you are doing may not adhere to the letter of the law but it is common practice in your area of the State.

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
OK. We All Must Become Agents!

Well, I will ask Lizzy tonight if I can be her "Agent". While I am at it I will make a bunch of "Agent" cards and hand them out to anyone who wants them that Lizzy knows and of course approves of. My card will be number "007".

Now on with the semantics!

Outdoorsman1

Geeeeeezzzzz us Chri$t.....

Give it a rest...

Nuff Said....

Outdoorsman1

ETA:... Ok so maybe you were only kidding...... but still....

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Lol!

Geeeeeezzzzz us Chri$t.....

Give it a rest...

Nuff Said....

Outdoorsman1

ETA:... Ok so maybe you were only kidding...... but still....

You have me laughing now! Seriously though, I will see her at 7 tonight. I will ask her about it. You can be "Agent 99". :)

HandyHamlet

I forget.. Is this guy actually Doug?

The rules of the forum are quite clear.

You need to cite law. Your continual claims that you have a crack team of lawyers that tell you stuff is not a cite and flies in the face of forum rules.

Yet you continue to do it and continue to ignore it when called out.

I have spoken at length with an attorney regarding "permission".

Pure bullsh*t.

Who is the Lawyer and what's his contact info? What type of law does he specialize in? And of course lets see it in writing please.

The only insult here is your fabricated claims that insult our intelligence.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

You need to cite law.

Who is the Lawyer and what's his contact info? What type of law does he specialize in? And of course lets see it in writing please..

I properly cite the actual text of Statutes in question and I discuss the meaning of words. You fail to do the same and instead use a tirade of insults and unsubstantiated accusations.

I am not obligated to give you the name of any attorney I speak to. You are free to call your own attorney for legal advice. I pay hundreds of dollars per year so that I simply have to pick up the phone and have an attorney on the other end to answer any questions I may have and who will provide other services should I be in need of them. I suggest you do the same if you are concerned about actual legal advice and not simply spouting what fits your preconceived notions regarding "laws".

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

More bullsh*t.

If you refuse to cite the source your posts are nothing but pure fabrication, internet rumor, disgraceful, and invalid.

You are nothing more than a charlatan.

GO AWAY TROLL.

{hits the old ignore button}

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

More bullsh*t.

If you refuse to cite the source your posts are nothing but pure fabrication, internet rumor, disgraceful, and invalid. You are nothing more than a charlatan

More accusations with no basis. You are acting like a coward. Get a set of balls and keep your discussion to the actual language of actual Statutes instead of making personal attacks. Critical thinking must not be one of your strong suits. You seem capable of only childish insults.

Motofixxer

There is some great info in this thread minus the bickering. Some of the questions can be answered by reading through the FAQ's in my New To OC in WI thread. It's a great starting point for information.

FYI, (Blacks Law Dictionary 4th Ed, PG 654)

EVENT: The consequence of anything, the issue,
conclusion, end; that in which an action, operation,
or series of operations, terminates. Geis v.
Geis, 125 Neb. 394, 250 N.W. 252; Brewer v. Ash
Grove Lime & Portland Cement Co., 223 Mo.App.
983, 25 S.W.2d 1086, 1088.
Anything that -happens or comes to pass as distinguished
from a thing that exists, Quinn v. Streeter, Sup., 175 Misc.
932, 24 N.Y.S.2d 916, 920. That which comes, arrives, or
happens, especially an incident which is important or
remarkable, Schulz v. Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co., 331
Mo. 616, 56 S.W.2d 126; the consequence, outcome, sequel,
or end effected by prior operation of medium or contributing
force or agency referred to as the "means" or "cause",
Toups v. Penn Mut. Life Ins. Co., D.C.La., 49 F.Supp. 348,
349; the culmination or end that means may have produced
or brought about. Whatcott v. Continental Casualty
Co., 85 Utah 406, 39 P.2d 733, 736; Sentinel Life Ins. Co.
v. Blackmer, C.C.A.Colo., 77 F.2d 347, 350.
An event may be injury itself rather than means producing
it. Juhl v. Hussman-Ligonier Co., Mo.App., 146
S.W.2d 106, 108. An event need not necessarily be a cause,
but may be and generally is a result. Guillod v. Kansas
City Power & Light Co., 224 Mo.App. 382, 18 S.W.2d 97,
The word includes all of steps or connected Incidents
from first cause to final result, and may include both cause
and effect. Rinehart v. F. M. Stamper Co., 227 Mo.App.
653, 55 S.W.2d 729. The word is broad enough to include
an omission. Texas Cities Gas Co. v. Dickens, Tex.Civ.
App., 156 S.W.2d 1010, 1016.
Oneida Knitting Mills, 226 Wis. 662, 277 N.W. 653, 655.
In reference to judicial and quasi judicial proceedings,
"event" means the conclusion, end, or final
outcome or result of a litigation; as, in the
phrase "abide the event," speaking of costs or of
an agreement that one suit shall be governed by
the determination in another. Reeves v. McGregor,
9 Adol. & El. 576; Benjamin v. Ver Nooy, 168
N.Y. 578, 61 N.E. 971; Gordon v. Krellman, 217
App.Div. 477, 216 N.Y.S. 778, 779.
Where costs are awarded to an appellant to abide the
event, the "event" which determines whether the appellant
is entitled to an award of costs of appeal is his success
in obtaining a judgment on the merits on the retrial.
Commercial Sealeaf Co.. v. Purepac Corporation, 169 Misc.
133, 7 N.Y.S.2d 146, 148.

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

XXX.jpg