Thread: Man OCs AK-47 at Occupy Atlanta

Man OCs AK-47 at Occupy Atlanta

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=439x2185832

Not saying it's right or wrong, but we did have one feller arrested for doing the very same on July 4 a few years ago, in a public place.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

I support his right to do so. I wish other states didn't infringe on the right to bear arms openly, whether handgun or long gun. SC does not infringe on long gun open carry at the state level, but cities and counties are allowed to create there own statues that can infringe on the right to bear long guns openly.

Be careful starting threads about long gun open carry here, though. Whether your for or against LGOC, I believe OCDO has a rule against such discussions. I think I just violated that rule. Sorry, if i did, I just wanted to my opinion and certain information to posted about the subject.
    Last edited by carsontech; 11-10-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Discussion of long gun carry is off topic for this section of the forum...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

• (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

He was just protecting himself. From the protesters?

One protester said, "That's sabotaging the message, we're nonviolent."
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 11-10-2011 at 02:29 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I respectfully request an off-topic section of the forum be created for off-topic stuff like this.
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    I respectfully request an off-topic section of the forum be created for off-topic stuff like this.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...ral-Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    I support his right to do so. I wish other states didn't infringe on the right to bear arms openly, whether handgun or long gun. SC does not infringe on long gun open carry at the state level, but cities and counties are allowed to create there own statues that can infringe on the right to bear long guns openly.

Be careful starting threads about long gun open carry here, though. Whether your for or against LGOC, I believe OCDO has a rule against such discussions. I think I just violated that rule. Sorry, if i did, I just wanted to my opinion and certain information to posted about the subject.
    The administrator seems to have a level head. He seems, to me, not to go around banning all of OC support just because they open a threat to show that someone open carries a LG.

I know it is his forum, his rules but he seems to only enforce the rules when they cause a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    The administrator seems to have a level head. He seems, to me, not to go around banning all of OC support just because they open a threat to show that someone open carries a LG.

I know it is his forum, his rules but he seems to only enforce the rules when they cause a problem.
    Yeah, you are not gonna get banned but the long gun carry is off topic outside of CA.

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar
    Unless I'm badly mistaken long gun OC is still verboten in the General Discussion and Social Lounge areas, too. I wonder if it is still a no-no in the CA forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone Baritone View Post
    Unless I'm badly mistaken long gun OC is still verboten in the General Discussion and Social Lounge areas, too. I wonder if it is still a no-no in the CA forum...
    You are correct. As for CA, it is permitted.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

From what I have seen, talking about long gun OC when one is talking about a recent event such as this and things remain civil. It also helps when the discussion talks about laws and potential consequences of such carry. The few LGOC threads I've seen get locked didn't get locked until they became less than civil or were about someone wanting to perform LGOC in a state other than CA.