• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man OCs AK-47 at Occupy Atlanta

carsontech

Activist Member
I support his right to do so. I wish other states didn't infringe on the right to bear arms openly, whether handgun or long gun. SC does not infringe on long gun open carry at the state level, but cities and counties are allowed to create there own statues that can infringe on the right to bear long guns openly.

Be careful starting threads about long gun open carry here, though. Whether your for or against LGOC, I believe OCDO has a rule against such discussions. I think I just violated that rule. Sorry, if i did, I just wanted to my opinion and certain information to posted about the subject.

Last edited:

Kingfish

Discussion of long gun carry is off topic for this section of the forum...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

• (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

HandyHamlet

He was just protecting himself. From the protesters?

One protester said, "That's sabotaging the message, we're nonviolent."

[video=youtube;KKpbD1kQaAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKpbD1kQaAc[/video]

Last edited:

09jisaac

I support his right to do so. I wish other states didn't infringe on the right to bear arms openly, whether handgun or long gun. SC does not infringe on long gun open carry at the state level, but cities and counties are allowed to create there own statues that can infringe on the right to bear long guns openly.

Be careful starting threads about long gun open carry here, though. Whether your for or against LGOC, I believe OCDO has a rule against such discussions. I think I just violated that rule. Sorry, if i did, I just wanted to my opinion and certain information to posted about the subject.

The administrator seems to have a level head. He seems, to me, not to go around banning all of OC support just because they open a threat to show that someone open carries a LG.

I know it is his forum, his rules but he seems to only enforce the rules when they cause a problem.

Kingfish

The administrator seems to have a level head. He seems, to me, not to go around banning all of OC support just because they open a threat to show that someone open carries a LG.

I know it is his forum, his rules but he seems to only enforce the rules when they cause a problem.
Yeah, you are not gonna get banned but the long gun carry is off topic outside of CA.

Aknazer

From what I have seen, talking about long gun OC when one is talking about a recent event such as this and things remain civil. It also helps when the discussion talks about laws and potential consequences of such carry. The few LGOC threads I've seen get locked didn't get locked until they became less than civil or were about someone wanting to perform LGOC in a state other than CA.