Thread: whats your bug, and how do you carry it

whats your bug, and how do you carry it

my bug is a lpc 380. and i cc @ 6 oclock. the problem i find with ccing is i just dont like to cc anything.

what are my options for a bug and ocing..

my oc is a xdm 45, 2 extra mags at 9oclock for a total of 40 rounds of pure love and fun.

Glock OC'd with either XDsc back up or pocket 9. Carried at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock... no extra mags... occasionally 1 extra mag. Always keep 3 glock mags and 1 xd mag in truck....
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 11-10-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Banned
    Once in a while, I'll carry a P-22 SOB.

Quote Originally Posted by hkcarrier View Post
    glock oc'd with either xdsc back up or pocket 9. Carried at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock... No extra mags... Occasionally 1 extra mag. Always keep 3 glock mags and 1 xd mag in truck....
    see i dont like the ideal of if im stoped, i have to id.. But i do like to carry a bug.. Idk...

If I'm not in MI and carrying a BUG I carry a Ruger LCP. Once I get a MI CPL I'll probably invest in a Glock 27 and carry that in a shoulder holster and OC my Glock 22. I'd put the 15 round Glock mags on the shoulder holster which can be used in the Glock 27. So pretty much in the Glock 22 I'd have 15+1 in the Glock 27 9+1 then another 30 rounds that could be put in either gun. I'm looking into getting a Sig 238 though for pocket carry, really not a fan of how the LCP shoots.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by rvd4now View Post
    see i dont like the ideal of if im stoped, i have to id.. But i do like to carry a bug.. Idk...

Depends on the stop and if it's an official stop... which you probably know... but I agree... it is a pain. You could just OC both... Personally, for me, that's a bit much, and one of the reasons for the BUG is in case of a gun grab, though I believe there is an extremely low probability of that. I think there may be more of a chance of someone trying to control my strong arm instead of going for my piece. Who knows tho.

Banned
    So how do you disclose? "Officer, I have a CPL and a gun or two"? "Or three"

This is a good thread/question. Anyone ever use an ankle holster? I can see advantages, but a couple of drawbacks as well.

I carry the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 in my hip pocket in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    So how do you disclose? "Officer, I have a CPL and a gun or two"? "Or three"

I normally just say "I have a CPL... and it's on my right hip... and left hip... and left front pocket... and left ankle.... and under left arm"

This is what I look like... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ade7dO8dmd4

no bug here, just a few knives, not telling where i carry them, but i will note that i have a spyderco and gerber that i will carry, not getting into models.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Don't have BUG, just a knife-which I don't really consider a defensive tool.

If I had one to carry, it would probably be an LCP or LCR. Probably the LCR since I already own a .357 and don't see a point in requiring myself to have another caliber to buy.

MilPro, I've heard mixed reviews on the BodyGuard (come to think of it I've heard pretty mixed reviews on all S&W autos except the M&P). How do you like it? How you tried an LCP to compare it to?
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

I occasionally CC a Taurus PT738 concealed in the small of my back. I put it facing straight down in a Desantis Sof-Tuck holster.

Last edited by thebigsd; 11-11-2011 at 05:56 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Carrying Taurus Pt1911 strongside. Beretta 92FS horizontal shoulder rig as backup 1 and Beretta 92SB compact SOB as backup 2 :-p
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Quote Originally Posted by HKcarrier View Post
    I normally just say "I have a CPL... and it's on my right hip... and left hip... and left front pocket... and left ankle.... and under left arm"

This is what I look like... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ade7dO8dmd4
    so if the stop is for open carry which is not a legal stop do ii have to tell them im cc..

i no im susposed to but hey they did an illigel stop on me..

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    This is a good thread/question. Anyone ever use an ankle holster? I can see advantages, but a couple of drawbacks as well.
    For those that drive for a living, a ankle holster is a good option. Since the stupid seat belt law happened it is hard to get to your strong side so having one on your ankle is quick and easy.

Depends on what I'm carrying for primary.

Back up is usually a Ruger LCP w/Crimson Trace (.380) or a Kahr PM40 (.40) in a pocket holster in my front right pocket or in a Smart Carry, which is essentially perched in the crotch of my pants. Oddly, it's quite comfortable and quick to draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Trucker View Post
    For those that drive for a living, a ankle holster is a good option. Since the stupid seat belt law happened it is hard to get to your strong side so having one on your ankle is quick and easy.
    It helps to drive a car with seats that were specifically designed by the manufacturer to accommodate an OC'd gun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	263064_2239343663911_1257624694_32709884_5320604_n.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	7375  
    Last edited by kubel; 11-11-2011 at 10:50 PM.