• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

whats your bug, and how do you carry it

rvd4now

my bug is a lpc 380. and i cc @ 6 oclock. the problem i find with ccing is i just dont like to cc anything.

what are my options for a bug and ocing..

my oc is a xdm 45, 2 extra mags at 9oclock for a total of 40 rounds of pure love and fun.

HKcarrier

Glock OC'd with either XDsc back up or pocket 9. Carried at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock... no extra mags... occasionally 1 extra mag. Always keep 3 glock mags and 1 xd mag in truck....

Last edited:

rvd4now

glock oc'd with either xdsc back up or pocket 9. Carried at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock... No extra mags... Occasionally 1 extra mag. Always keep 3 glock mags and 1 xd mag in truck....

see i dont like the ideal of if im stoped, i have to id.. But i do like to carry a bug.. Idk...

xmanhockey7

If I'm not in MI and carrying a BUG I carry a Ruger LCP. Once I get a MI CPL I'll probably invest in a Glock 27 and carry that in a shoulder holster and OC my Glock 22. I'd put the 15 round Glock mags on the shoulder holster which can be used in the Glock 27. So pretty much in the Glock 22 I'd have 15+1 in the Glock 27 9+1 then another 30 rounds that could be put in either gun. I'm looking into getting a Sig 238 though for pocket carry, really not a fan of how the LCP shoots.

HKcarrier

see i dont like the ideal of if im stoped, i have to id.. But i do like to carry a bug.. Idk...

Depends on the stop and if it's an official stop... which you probably know... but I agree... it is a pain. You could just OC both... Personally, for me, that's a bit much, and one of the reasons for the BUG is in case of a gun grab, though I believe there is an extremely low probability of that. I think there may be more of a chance of someone trying to control my strong arm instead of going for my piece. Who knows tho.

griffin

This is a good thread/question. Anyone ever use an ankle holster? I can see advantages, but a couple of drawbacks as well.

MilProGuy

I carry the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard .380 in my hip pocket in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

smithwessonbg380.jpg

lil_freak_66

no bug here, just a few knives, not telling where i carry them, but i will note that i have a spyderco and gerber that i will carry, not getting into models.

SovereignAxe

Don't have BUG, just a knife-which I don't really consider a defensive tool.

If I had one to carry, it would probably be an LCP or LCR. Probably the LCR since I already own a .357 and don't see a point in requiring myself to have another caliber to buy.

MilPro, I've heard mixed reviews on the BodyGuard (come to think of it I've heard pretty mixed reviews on all S&W autos except the M&P). How do you like it? How you tried an LCP to compare it to?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I occasionally CC a Taurus PT738 concealed in the small of my back. I put it facing straight down in a Desantis Sof-Tuck holster.

ad494d13-a802-1127.jpg

Last edited:

carry for myself

Carrying Taurus Pt1911 strongside. Beretta 92FS horizontal shoulder rig as backup 1 and Beretta 92SB compact SOB as backup 2 :p

rvd4now

I normally just say "I have a CPL... and it's on my right hip... and left hip... and left front pocket... and left ankle.... and under left arm"

This is what I look like... :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ade7dO8dmd4

so if the stop is for open carry which is not a legal stop do ii have to tell them im cc..

i no im susposed to but hey they did an illigel stop on me..

Super Trucker

This is a good thread/question. Anyone ever use an ankle holster? I can see advantages, but a couple of drawbacks as well.

For those that drive for a living, a ankle holster is a good option. Since the stupid seat belt law happened it is hard to get to your strong side so having one on your ankle is quick and easy.

kubel

Depends on what I'm carrying for primary.

Back up is usually a Ruger LCP w/Crimson Trace (.380) or a Kahr PM40 (.40) in a pocket holster in my front right pocket or in a Smart Carry, which is essentially perched in the crotch of my pants. Oddly, it's quite comfortable and quick to draw.

For those that drive for a living, a ankle holster is a good option. Since the stupid seat belt law happened it is hard to get to your strong side so having one on your ankle is quick and easy.

It helps to drive a car with seats that were specifically designed by the manufacturer to accommodate an OC'd gun. ;)

Attachments

• 263064_2239343663911_1257624694_32709884_5320604_n.jpg
    263064_2239343663911_1257624694_32709884_5320604_n.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 101
Last edited: