Thread: Tomorrow, 11/11/11, Please Remember

Tomorrow, 11/11/11, Please Remember

Tomorrow, we honor all our veterans, but I would like for each and every one of you to especially remember those who were there at 11:00am, 11/11/1918.

I know I will pause in their memory as they are no longer with us and I will especially remember one Private of the Field Artillery who was there. He wasn't a big man, he wasn't famous, but he has been my hero for all my life. RIP, Dad, I still miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Tomorrow, we honor all our veterans, but I would like for each and every one of you to especially remember those who were there at 11:00am, 11/11/1918.

I know I will pause in their memory as they are no longer with us and I will especially remember one Private of the Field Artillery who was there. He wasn't a big man, he wasn't famous, but he has been my hero for all my life. RIP, Dad, I still miss you.
    May he rest in peace.

I am grateful for all those who paid the ultimate price to defend the freedoms I exercise today.

For those unaware, the date above was the day World War 1 ended when the Germans signed an armistice agreement with the Allies.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

And its cubic day! 11^3
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Here is a list of freebies/discounts for us veterans:

http://militaryadvantage.military.co...freebies-2012/

God Bless America!

Don't forget, veterans can still salute the flag!
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 11-10-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Here is a list of freebies/discounts for us veterans:

http://militaryadvantage.military.co...freebies-2012/

God Bless America!

Don't forget, veterans can still salute the flag!
    Just to provide the cite:

SEC. 595. MILITARY SALUTE FOR THE FLAG DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
    BY MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES NOT IN
    UNIFORM AND BY VETERANS.
    Section 301(b)(1) of title 36, United States Code, is amended by
    striking subparagraphs (A) through (C) and inserting the following new
    subparagraphs:
    ``(A) individuals in uniform should give the
    military salute at the first note of the anthem and
    maintain that position until the last note;
    ``(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who
    are present but not in uniform may render the military
    salute in the manner provided for individuals in
    uniform; and
    ``(C) all other persons present should face the flag
    and stand at attention with their right hand over the
    heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should
    remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it
    at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart;

Whether it is authorized or not, if I am, as I have been, saluted by a member of our, or any other nation's, armed forces, I will return that salute.

To all vets:

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Thank you for your service to your country. As a disabled veteran, I can truly appreciate what you have done. As a citizen, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you and your fellow servicemen do and did for us all.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post

Thank you for the reminder.

I have five uncles, who all served during World War II, and they have all passed away.

I take this moment to remember them and their self-less service to our nation.

Thank you, SFCRetired, for the many years you devoted to our country during your Army career.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 11-10-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Thanks guys...

-I have a steady job with a paycheck, yet its barely enough to cover bills. I have healthcare but rarely use it. I don't own a fancy car or own a house. I work long hours and on a good night get 6 hours of sleep. I have forgotten what it feels like to go on vacation. I go off to war fighting for freedom, and those worth dying for. I am an Infantrymen in the US Army. I am the .01%.-

Quote Originally Posted by Justman1020 View Post
    Thanks, guys.
    No. Thank you:

I have a steady job with a paycheck, yet its barely enough to cover bills. I have healthcare but rarely use it. I don't own a fancy car or own a house. I work long hours and on a good night get 6 hours of sleep. I have forgotten what it feels like to go on vacation. I go off to war fighting for freedom, and those worth dying for. I am an Infantrymen in the US Army. I am the .01%.-
    No thank you for what? I did that for 20 years in the service of our country. So have farm more than 0.01% of men and women in our country.

Is your post about something other than these well-known, and highly-documented facts, or what? Pray tell.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.