• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tomorrow, 11/11/11, Please Remember

SFCRetired

Tomorrow, we honor all our veterans, but I would like for each and every one of you to especially remember those who were there at 11:00am, 11/11/1918.

I know I will pause in their memory as they are no longer with us and I will especially remember one Private of the Field Artillery who was there. He wasn't a big man, he wasn't famous, but he has been my hero for all my life. RIP, Dad, I still miss you.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Tomorrow, we honor all our veterans, but I would like for each and every one of you to especially remember those who were there at 11:00am, 11/11/1918.

I know I will pause in their memory as they are no longer with us and I will especially remember one Private of the Field Artillery who was there. He wasn't a big man, he wasn't famous, but he has been my hero for all my life. RIP, Dad, I still miss you.

May he rest in peace.

I am grateful for all those who paid the ultimate price to defend the freedoms I exercise today.

For those unaware, the date above was the day World War 1 ended when the Germans signed an armistice agreement with the Allies.

SFCRetired

Here is a list of freebies/discounts for us veterans:

http://militaryadvantage.military.com/2011/11/veterans-day-discounts-and-freebies-2012/

God Bless America!

Don't forget, veterans can still salute the flag!

Just to provide the cite:

SEC. 595. MILITARY SALUTE FOR THE FLAG DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
BY MEMBERS OF THE ARMED FORCES NOT IN
UNIFORM AND BY VETERANS.
Section 301(b)(1) of title 36, United States Code, is amended by
striking subparagraphs (A) through (C) and inserting the following new
subparagraphs:
``(A) individuals in uniform should give the
military salute at the first note of the anthem and
maintain that position until the last note;
``(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who
are present but not in uniform may render the military
salute in the manner provided for individuals in
uniform; and
``(C) all other persons present should face the flag
and stand at attention with their right hand over the
heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should
remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it
at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart;

Whether it is authorized or not, if I am, as I have been, saluted by a member of our, or any other nation's, armed forces, I will return that salute.

HeroHog

To all vets:

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Thank you for your service to your country. As a disabled veteran, I can truly appreciate what you have done. As a citizen, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you and your fellow servicemen do and did for us all.

MilProGuy

Thank you for the reminder.

I have five uncles, who all served during World War II, and they have all passed away.

I take this moment to remember them and their self-less service to our nation.

Thank you, SFCRetired, for the many years you devoted to our country during your Army career.

Last edited:

Justman1020

Thanks guys...

-I have a steady job with a paycheck, yet its barely enough to cover bills. I have healthcare but rarely use it. I don't own a fancy car or own a house. I work long hours and on a good night get 6 hours of sleep. I have forgotten what it feels like to go on vacation. I go off to war fighting for freedom, and those worth dying for. I am an Infantrymen in the US Army. I am the .01%.-

since9

Campaign Veteran
Thanks, guys.

No. Thank you:

I have a steady job with a paycheck, yet its barely enough to cover bills. I have healthcare but rarely use it. I don't own a fancy car or own a house. I work long hours and on a good night get 6 hours of sleep. I have forgotten what it feels like to go on vacation. I go off to war fighting for freedom, and those worth dying for. I am an Infantrymen in the US Army. I am the .01%.-

No thank you for what? I did that for 20 years in the service of our country. So have farm more than 0.01% of men and women in our country.

Is your post about something other than these well-known, and highly-documented facts, or what? Pray tell.