Thread: This coming up Black Friday Nov. 25

This coming up Black Friday Nov. 25

I plan on OCing this Black Friday and was told by my friend who is a fake pro OC activist that it is not a good idea because there will be so many people. But the way I see it is that I feel more protected with it on me and I think it is a good idea. I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about it wether it is a good or bad thing to do. Note I do not have a concealed carry license yet .

Thanks David

Carry on brother. Because it may be busy also means there will proberly be more opportunitys for the bad guys. The one time you don't bring your weapon maybe the time you need it the most.

Chris

Good luck to you while out and about during Black Friday! I make a point of not going out shopping that day. If I were to go out, however, I would be OCing. I carry for my protection, not to protect others feelings.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by proudgunowner View Post
    I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say about it wether it is a good or bad thing to do.
    1. Come on an open carry forum.

2. Ask if the people of the forum think open carry is a good or bad thing to do.

3. lolwut?
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    1. Come on an open carry forum.

2. Ask if the people of the forum think open carry is a good or bad thing to do.

3. lolwut?
    I know but just was woundering what everyone else thought of it. I mean even if it is a open carry forum they could still offer good advice on wether they believe it would be a smart thing to do or not. Just wanted to see what others would also do in this situation. But I understand I will get more pro OC response since it is a OC forum.

Carry on and be sure to have your voice recorder because most of these stores are going to have twice the amount of employees working which would increase the chance of confrontation. Be safe in the mobs.
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

I'll be at one of the Fayetteville Wally worlds OCing. Might have a CC piece too.

Quote Originally Posted by proudgunowner View Post
    I know but just was woundering what everyone else thought of it. I mean even if it is a open carry forum they could still offer good advice on wether they believe it would be a smart thing to do or not. Just wanted to see what others would also do in this situation. But I understand I will get more pro OC response since it is a OC forum.
    If it is legal to open carry where you are, and you are comfortable doing so...by all means open carry.

The additional throng of people who will be out shopping on that particular day is a very good reason for you to be armed.
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

more people in close proximity might be a reason to carry in a lvl 2 or 3 retention holster, but definitely not a reason to not carry at all.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

I'll be carrying in a IWB holster with my shirt covering it up

I try and avoid going out on black Friday at all costs. I try and avoid it like its, well black Friday. To many crazy people will to kill/trample on someone else just to get the tv/game/whatever item that is 20% off or whatever deal. And don't get me started on the traffic that comes with it.

But if you are going to brave venturing out on this crazy day, go ahead and OC. I just about bet fewer people than normal will notice it because they are so focused on hurrying up to get that item thats on sale before they are sold out.

I will be OCing a 30 30 in a deer stand on black fri. BTW whats with the "fake OC activist "?

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I will be OCing a 30 30 in a deer stand on black fri. BTW whats with the "fake OC activist "?
    Lol the friend I was talking about was sitting next to me and I was just messing with him.

Red face

http://www.facebook.com/groups/183166541743787/ Come join us and chat and find out good info about open carrying !!!

I will be upgrading my 9mm to 10mm for Black Friday.

Last Black Friday was my incident with the Gastonia Police Department. It seem's the Sergeant I spoke to believes that the law changes when a place is crowded. This is obviously not true.
    Anyone feel like OC'ing at the Gastonia Walmart at 7am-ish? =)

i open carried at a walmart (little bro came to town and needed some more ammo) in WNC late evening on black friday in front of 3 parked LEO's. no problems
    Last edited by brutus1776; 12-01-2011 at 09:55 PM.

I'm a little late to this thread ... but in my CHP class yesterday the instructor said that this black Friday set the record for the number of NICS background checks -- ever.

Apparently people were buying a lot of guns on black Friday.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by love_my_old_smiths View Post
    I'm a little late to this thread ... but in my CHP class yesterday the instructor said that this black Friday set the record for the number of NICS background checks -- ever.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...day/51554972/1

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...t-seller-guns/

http://www.nssfblog.com/black-friday...arm-purchases/
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964