Thread: First Timer here

First Timer here

I actually stumbled onto this website doing some reseach for a speech on the new concealed carry law. I just wanted to say hi, but im not sure if this is the right forum for that. I'm awaiting to turn my application in for concealed carry for a little bit till I can afford to get a smaller gun. But I did open carry in my truck on the first just because I could. It's been a long time coming for wisconsin and I'm glad that the law is finally in place. I think that I am still more leaning towards open than concealed carry just for ease but I want the permit just because. Also so I can carry my fixed blade knife in my pocket.

Welcome. If you have any specific questions, don't be afraid to ask. Also, if you ever want to get together, let me know.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

welcome!

i just joined as well and in just a couple days i have learned a TON ...

I'm fairly new to the whole open carry thing and before I left for the army 5 years ago it was a pretty hot topic with people getting arrested for OC in their front yards. I see a lot has changed since then and I'm glad it has. I'm not sure what kind of get togethers you guys do here but even my dad says he sees the OC events from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by intheshaw View Post
    I'm fairly new to the whole open carry thing and before I left for the army 5 years ago it was a pretty hot topic with people getting arrested for OC in their front yards. I see a lot has changed since then and I'm glad it has. I'm not sure what kind of get togethers you guys do here but even my dad says he sees the OC events from time to time.
    There are two regular events in SE WI:

Starbucks in Delavan: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...he-Month-1-3pm

Lizzy's: Every other Friday, so next one is 11/18.
    Lizzy's Green Cafe
    3731 South Beaumont Avenue, Kansasville, WI 53139-9414
    http://g.co/maps/64yhf

Then there is one this Saturday, a Pumpkin Shoot: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Pumpkin-shoot
    Last edited by protias; 11-10-2011 at 10:27 PM.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Welcome to the forum from Mississippi!
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Welcome aboard!
    Go ahead & send in your application... it'll take them a while to process it.
    And do come to some of the get-togethers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I'm going to wait till december to send in my application. From the research I did, it said a 45 day wait for apps in November but only 21 days for December and after.

Talking Don't Wait Send It In Now!

Quote Originally Posted by intheshaw View Post
    I'm going to wait till december to send in my application. From the research I did, it said a 45 day wait for apps in November but only 21 days for December and after.
    They supposedly have 35 people working full time, including weekends to get ALL the applications processed within 21 days, not 45. The longer you wait the longer it will be before you get it in the mail.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you join Wisconsin Carry!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    They supposedly have 35 people working full time, including weekends to get ALL the applications processed within 21 days, not 45. The longer you wait the longer it will be before you get it in the mail.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you join Wisconsin Carry!
    For November 1-30, they have 45 days. December 1, they have 21. I'm sure their goal is 21 days, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Welcome ....

Everyone also thought that the 45 day wait was going to happen, but to everyones suprise, the DOJ started processing and mailing the same day they started accepting applications (NOV. 1) some even got the license the next day.... So as stated... get your application in right away.. the sooner you get it in the sooner you will have it in your hand. Even if you do not have a smaller firearm, it will come in REAL handy while carrying your current firearm in a vehicle and driving through a school zone, and also no need for concern on OC in a vehicle based on location of the firearm and whether or not it might still be considered "concelaed"....

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 11-11-2011 at 12:06 PM.
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.