• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Timer here

intheshaw

I actually stumbled onto this website doing some reseach for a speech on the new concealed carry law. I just wanted to say hi, but im not sure if this is the right forum for that. I'm awaiting to turn my application in for concealed carry for a little bit till I can afford to get a smaller gun. But I did open carry in my truck on the first just because I could. It's been a long time coming for wisconsin and I'm glad that the law is finally in place. I think that I am still more leaning towards open than concealed carry just for ease but I want the permit just because. Also so I can carry my fixed blade knife in my pocket.

protias

Welcome. If you have any specific questions, don't be afraid to ask. Also, if you ever want to get together, let me know. :)

intheshaw

I'm fairly new to the whole open carry thing and before I left for the army 5 years ago it was a pretty hot topic with people getting arrested for OC in their front yards. I see a lot has changed since then and I'm glad it has. I'm not sure what kind of get togethers you guys do here but even my dad says he sees the OC events from time to time.

protias

I'm fairly new to the whole open carry thing and before I left for the army 5 years ago it was a pretty hot topic with people getting arrested for OC in their front yards. I see a lot has changed since then and I'm glad it has. I'm not sure what kind of get togethers you guys do here but even my dad says he sees the OC events from time to time.

There are two regular events in SE WI:

Starbucks in Delavan: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-Meet-and-Greet-1st-Sunday-of-the-Month-1-3pm

Lizzy's: Every other Friday, so next one is 11/18.
Lizzy's Green Cafe
transparent.png

3731 South Beaumont Avenue, Kansasville, WI 53139-9414
http://g.co/maps/64yhf

Then there is one this Saturday, a Pumpkin Shoot: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?96596-Pumpkin-shoot

Last edited:

intheshaw

I'm going to wait till december to send in my application. From the research I did, it said a 45 day wait for apps in November but only 21 days for December and after.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Don't Wait Send It In Now!

I'm going to wait till december to send in my application. From the research I did, it said a 45 day wait for apps in November but only 21 days for December and after.

They supposedly have 35 people working full time, including weekends to get ALL the applications processed within 21 days, not 45. The longer you wait the longer it will be before you get it in the mail.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you join Wisconsin Carry!

protias

They supposedly have 35 people working full time, including weekends to get ALL the applications processed within 21 days, not 45. The longer you wait the longer it will be before you get it in the mail.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you join Wisconsin Carry!

For November 1-30, they have 45 days. December 1, they have 21. I'm sure their goal is 21 days, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Outdoorsman1

Welcome ....

Everyone also thought that the 45 day wait was going to happen, but to everyones suprise, the DOJ started processing and mailing the same day they started accepting applications (NOV. 1) some even got the license the next day.... So as stated... get your application in right away.. the sooner you get it in the sooner you will have it in your hand. Even if you do not have a smaller firearm, it will come in REAL handy while carrying your current firearm in a vehicle and driving through a school zone, and also no need for concern on OC in a vehicle based on location of the firearm and whether or not it might still be considered "concelaed"....

Outdoorsman1

Last edited: