• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Being hassled by Milwaukee PD right now

Wolf1477

Wishing you the best of luck from Up Nort'. If there's anything I can do to help just let me know. Spent more time than I like in that cesspool they call a city, one of the many reasons I moved up here.

Vandil

under the new law OC is good to go in a vehicle as long as it is not hidden, concealed or in a school zone

hidden and concealed is something that is being debated somewhere in the forum right now or recently

Case law gets built somewhere and cops are not always up to date even if they should be. If the state successfully argued a pistol on the passenger seat was concealed one on your hip with a laptop on your lap is probably fair game. Hopefully what ever they booked her on gets dropped.

touchdowntodd

hope all is well ...

i used to know the son of the owners of sherman perk .. wonder if its the same family .. his name was Andy ..

you can always drive over to my house and use the internet for future reference .. or the Wifi is always on as well

Interceptor_Knight

Here's the test case to settle all the banter back and forth about OC in vehicle, Act 35 and State v Walls.
While you wait for your license to come in the mail is not the time to try and make a point (be a test case) by driving around with a handgun on your hip.
It appears that the "Will you get arrested?" part has already been settled.
What someone happens to get away with in Minocqua or some other small northern municipality obviously does not fly in Milwaukee.

Trip20

While you wait for your license to come in the mail is not the time to try and make a point (be a test case) by driving around with a handgun on your hip.
What someone happens to get away with in Minocqua or some other small northern municipality obviously does not fly in Milwaukee.

We'll only know what flies and what does not fly once this is all settled in court provided to gets that far. An arrest is not a conviction.

Interceptor_Knight

We'll only know what flies and what does not fly once this is all settled in court provided to gets that far. An arrest is not a conviction.

If this is not enough warning and enough "evidence" for people to think twice before carrying in a car without a permit then there is no one to blame but themselves should they face the same ordeal.

paul@paul-fisher.com

If this is not enough warning and enough "evidence" for people to think twice before carrying in a car without a permit then there is no one to blame but themselves should they face the same ordeal.

Why don't we wait for the charges. Do you ACTUALLY know what went down? I have my suspicions from talking to her during the encounter but we won't know until charges are filed. It is very possible that 941.23 won't be cited.

BROKENSPROKET

Once one has recieved a CWL, there is no point. The whole point of a test case IS open carry legal without a CWL or is it 941.23.

TyGuy

Yeah, and all those fools that OCed before November 1st should be shunned for making a point!

Oh wait, maybe we shouldn't blame people that are doing lawful things.

Good luck MKEgal!

jpm84092

MKEgal was going to be supplying the projector and printed Certs for a UT/WI CWL / UT Permit Class scheduled for 12:45 this afternoon (11-11-11). It looks like I am going to have to get creative.