• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MSNBC Analyst And Hard News Anchor Attack Second Amendment, BigJournalism.com Hawkins

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://bigjournalism.com/awrhawkins...and-hard-news-anchor-attack-second-amendment/
Says AWR Hawkins, "So far this month, two MSNBC personalities—Alex Wagner and Craig Melvin—have twice mocked or otherwise maligned the Second Amendment and the people who look to it as a bedrock guarantee of the right to keep and bear arms. In one instance, Wagner even called for us to “get rid of the second Amendment” altogether and to bid adieu to “the right to bear arms.

If you’re thinking that you’ve never heard of either Wagner or Melvin, that’s okay, no one else has either; they’re on MSNBC, for Pete’s sake.”

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Said by Wagner:
And being more discreet about who gets to have a firearm and right to kill with a firearm, I think is something that would be in our national interest to revisit that.

Ya know? I'm in total agreement with that sentiment. I'm getting pretty darned tired of having to fill out a request form, send in a money order, and wait to see if I'm going to be issued a permission slip to be allowed to kill somebody. It darned well ought to be a right! [/sarcasm]

There's no use trying to find out how all those other rights Wagner and Melvin seem to want to enjoy are going to be guaranteed. We all know they will hire a lawyer and sue the country to stop disrespecting (did I just use that word? *spit*) our rights and give them back to us - and win because they are "rights" after all and no despotic dictator can ever stand up against "rights", can they?

I'm not some paranoid nut running around keeping and bearing arms specifically because I think the government is going to go rogue and cancel out all of the Bill of Rights (as opposed to just some of them like they did the last three times). But if it ever came down to that, it sure would be nice to have something besides a wimper to use in showing my discontent.

stay safe.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Melvin posed this question; “If women are shooting potential attackers, aren’t they presuming guilt before innocence? What if a woman kills an attacker? Isn’t that opening another whole legal can of worms?”

So I suppose a female is supposed to wait until her assailant is on her like stink on sh--, having his way and perhaps beating her senseless while his enjoying his fun before she can consider any sort of weapon with which to dispatch the guy? Yeah... that's gonna work.

After my wife and I had a good laugh at the total lunacy of these two miscreants, I got to thinking that perhaps we should hope and pray a little harder that they become victims of all manner of criminal attacks. Maybe, just maybe, then they may come to realize that the world doesn't work like they wish it did.

Midwest

I never heard of the two anchors before, do they even have an audience? MSNBC? Who watches that? Sounds like they were trying to say something controversial in hopes of getting some much needed publicity in hopes of getting noticed by someone......it worked.

MilProGuy

I never heard of the two anchors before, do they even have an audience? MSNBC? Who watches that? Sounds like they were trying to say something controversial in hopes of getting some much needed publicity in hopes of getting noticed by someone......it worked.

I haven't watched MSNBC since Al Gore and his "hanging chad" crowd were crying about getting defeated in the presidential election.

Beretta92FSLady

Melvin posed this question; “If women are shooting potential attackers, aren’t they presuming guilt before innocence? What if a woman kills an attacker? Isn’t that opening another whole legal can of worms?”

Melvin is attempting to compare an attack perpetrated against individual, as an attack against the System. When the female is attacked, it is a direct attack against her person. The System is not directly attacked in the case of the female having a crime perpetrated against her. The System functions as the Authority to impose sanction (Power to) against the perpetrator; ironically, including the female who was attacked, and responded with force.

Yes, the female defending 'life and limb' is opening up a legal can of worms. She risks, by her forceful act of self-preservation against the perpetrator, the Authority imposing sanction against her, if her cause to act does not sufficiently meet the standards outlined by Authority regarding 'self-preservation'.

Melvin is a jacka$$.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

So I suppose a female is supposed to wait until her assailant is on her like stink on sh--, having his way and perhaps beating her senseless while his enjoying his fun before she can consider any sort of weapon with which to dispatch the guy? Yeah... that's gonna work.

After my wife and I had a good laugh at the total lunacy of these two miscreants, I got to thinking that perhaps we should hope and pray a little harder that they become victims of all manner of criminal attacks. Maybe, just maybe, then they may come to realize that the world doesn't work like they wish it did.

That's like asking if police who arrest drunk drivers are presuming the person was going to get in an accident and kill someone.....

I say, if you feel (probably the wrong word here, but you know what I mean) like you are facing imminent death or serious bodily injury then respond with deadly force. Why can't people just understand logic?

Dreamer

Melvin is obviously an adherent to the "Primary Tenet of Gun Control":

Gun Control: The belief that a woman, lying dead in a dark alley, who has been raped and strangled to death with her own pantyhose is somehow more noble than a woman with a gun, explaining to the Sheriff why her attacker is lying dead on the ground with three bullet holes in him..."

Disgusting.

I hope that Melvin doesn't own any firearms. I'm all for the RKBA for all law-abiding citizens, but this guy is obviously breaking the laws of logic and the fundamental rules of citizenship, therefore he should be ineligible...