• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Viridian X5L laser sight

G23 '11

does anyone on here use one? i would like a laser sight and have used my friends Viridian GLK and i liked it and figure that its is a good sight to base my view on Viridian lasers in general. Also i considered the Lasermax Guide rod laser so i could retain use of my blackhawk serpa holster but cannot justify spending that much on a sight based on random reviews found on Google, i would like reviews insight from forum users.

Are Protac holsters good? because if i do get the X5L i will end up buying a protac design to hold my glock 23 with the x5l installed.

Thanks

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Have no experence with the veridian. The Lasermax guide-rod is best at night or on very overcast days, and like anything near the muzzle tends to get covered in gunk fairly quickly.

That's not a knock against lasers - as long as they are used to verify aim and not used to help steer the muzzle around until you are on target.

A personal comment - does anybody really believe a BG will be looking at his chest to see if there is a red dot on it?

stay safe.

Badger Johnson

A personal comment - does anybody really believe a BG will be looking at his chest to see if there is a red dot on it?

stay safe.

1. A BG lit up with a Viridian green laser will have NO DOUBTS he is lit up;
2. I'd put the laser in his right eye not on his chest, for the deterrence value IF the situation allowed.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
1. A BG lit up with a Viridian green laser will have NO DOUBTS he is lit up;
2. I'd put the laser in his right eye not on his chest, for the deterrence value IF the situation allowed.

I'm not trying to start a war here, but just how do you know that #1 above is in fact an accurate statement?

Now, if you point that thing at someone's eye they will probably be aware of it. And you just violated some federal regulation somewhere - as if anybody really cares at the moment it happens or will care when cleaning up afterwards. So I'd say the situation will never allow it. ;):(

On the other hand, green lasers are much easier to see in the daylight. They can be so bright at night as to be distracting/blinding without being anywhere near in someone's eye (yours or the BG's). But for folks with old and tired, worn out eyes lasers of any color can be a boon if used appropriately.

stay safe.

G23 '11

thank you for the replies.
i am going to go to my local shop ad compare some lasers to see which one i like best.