• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks to our Veterans..

insanebuddy720

Agreed, but I dont need a special day set aside for it. I personally shake ands with and thank every vet and current military personel I meet every day. I deeply appreciate the men and women of our armed forces who put their lives on the line so we as civilians can live ours. I would LOVE to serve my country but I take meds for my ADD. Anyways, thank you all for securing our freedom which makes our country great.

MilProGuy

My thanks as well to all who have honorably served, or are currently serving, our country in the Armed Forces.

Mayhem

Thank you to all our vets!

While today is their very "special" day... they should be thanked every day.

Last edited:

Haman J.T.

Thank you and god bless all vets who have offered their lives as a sacrifice for our freedoms and liberty! Let us always fight for our rights with our lives! Carry on!

Yance

I'll go ahead and say thanks for showing all the gratitude for all of our vets past and present and for those who make the ultimate sacrifice and are truly fighting for the rights we enjoy here back at home.

I tried to get today off but no luck (USAF Vet)...My co-workers know I served so I had a 6-pack of Oberon Ale sitting on my desk when I walked in. Makes up for it I suppose.

My own thanks goes out to my Brothers and Sisters in Arms new and old for continuing to serve our great country and for fighting for my freedom.

This was sent around my Squadron one day and I have not forgotten this since I read it two years ago.

IT’S THE SOLDIER

It's the soldier, not the reporter
who has given us freedom of the press.

It's the soldier, not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It's the soldier, not the campus organizer,
who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.

It's the soldier, not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves under the flag and
whose coffin is draped by the flag,
who gives the protestor the right to burn the flag.

~~ Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC

It doesnt say a lot, but it say it all.

Last edited:

Yance

We watched this video every sunday in church during basic...thought I would share.

[video=youtube;uuvbBwsMTgI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvbBwsMTgI[/video]