• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confusion on train reqs

anmut

I know that the emergency rules regarding training *bullspit* was passed but then I just noticed as I passed by a newspaper the other day that the training requirements were rescinded? Can anyone clear this up for me? Can I apply with just my Hunters Safety?

Edit: Follow up question - if so, what is the document I need to prove my hunters safety? I've been buying hunting licenses for years now and that saved info is their database, but I'm assuming that the DOJ and DNR don't have the means or wants to cross communicated.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I know that the emergency rules regarding training *bullspit* was passed but then I just noticed as I passed by a newspaper the other day that the training requirements were rescinded? Can anyone clear this up for me? Can I apply with just my Hunters Safety?

You always could apply with just your hunters safety. Also, with a DD214 or current/expired permit from another state. So, no need to worry, send in a copy of your HS certificate with your completed DOJ application.

The training requirements weren't rescinded like all the idiot media is saying, they only got rid of the parts that the DOJ made up without legislative authority.

Edit after your edit. You can go to the DNR website and get an instant copy of your Hunters Safety certificate. There's a link to that right on the DOJ website IIRC.

Last edited: