Thread: Thanks to all those that have served this Veterans day

Thanks to all those that have served this Veterans day

I thank you, for serving our country.

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

May GOD bless the memories of all those who have given their lives in the service of our country; and may His Grace be upon all who have served and are still with us and still carry the scars of war, even today.

My prayers and gratitude are with those who currently serve in the military.

One of the greatest honors in my life was to wear the uniform of my country, and now to wear the uniform of my state.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 11-11-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: edited for clarity
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Thanks to all you veterans. You've made this possible!

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thanks Prodias, and

...thanks for the left click on WI to return, saves time. boar out.

Snip...

May GOD bless the memories of all those who have given their lives in the service of our country; and may His Grace be upon all who have served and are still with us and still carry the scars of war, even today.

My prayers and gratitude are with those who currently serve in the military.
    + 1000

And also to the familes, friends, and loved ones of those that have served as well as those that are now or will be in the future.

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (1891–1970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Semper_Fi

Last edited by Interceptor_Knight; 11-11-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Currahee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0124.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	7369  

Thank you all

Thank you to all who have served in the US Armed forces, through out this nations history.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    ... The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

This is all done in jest, enjoy.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Thumbs up God Bless Our Veterans...

Thank you one and all for your service and sacrifices.

From Anonymous:

Some veterans bear visible signs of their service: a missing limb, a Jagged scar, a certain look in the eye.

Others may carry the evidence inside them: a pin holding a bone together, A piece of shrapnel in the leg or perhaps another sort of inner steel: The soul's ally forged in the refinery of adversity.

Except in parades, however, the men and women who have kept America safe Wear no badge or emblem. You can't tell a vet just by looking.

What is a vet?

He is the cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel.

He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th parallel.

She or he is the nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Danang.

He is the POW who went away one person and came back another or didn't come back AT ALL.

He is the Quantico drill instructor who has never seen combat but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account rednecks and gang members into Marines, and teaching them to watch each other's backs.

He is the parade riding Legionnaire who pins on his ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand.

He is the career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by.

He is the three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor remains unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's sunless deep.

He is the old guy bagging groceries at the supermarket, aggravatingly slow, who helped liberate a Nazi death camp and who wishes all day long that his wife were still alive to hold him when the nightmares come.

He is an ordinary and yet an extraordinary human being a person who offered some of his life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

He is a Soldier, Marine, Sailor or Airman, and also a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he is nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known.

So remember each time you see someone who has served our country. When you see one just lean over and say Thank You.

That's all most people need, and in most cases it will mean more than any medals they could have been awarded or were awarded.

Two little words that mean a lot, "THANK YOU".

God Bless Our Veterans!
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 11-11-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    All I can add is a big +1!!!

I never served and have nothing bud admiration and appreciation for those that have/still do.

Texas Road House and Olive Garden are giving away free meals to vets and active duty.

Thumbs up Applebee's Is Also Serving Free Meals To Vets Today...

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    All I can add is a big +1!!!

I never served and have nothing bud admiration and appreciation for those that have/still do.

Texas Road House and Olive Garden are giving away free meals to vets and active duty.
    Maybe more than just the three we mentioned?

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/military/app...n-veterans-day
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Herr Heckler Koch

Unarmed Darden Group

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    ... Olive Garden are giving away free meals to vets and active duty.
    As I recall, Darden Group properties are guns free.

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Except Applebee's has decided to post.

Talking You Guys Take All The Fun Out Of It! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Except Applebee's has decided to post.

I'm heading to the Texas Roadhouse. Don't know if they are posted but hope not...can't carry there yet anyway since they serve alcohol...and I don't have my "license" yet.

—John F. Kennedy

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Thanks to those that have served. For those that are serving now I hope you all will be brought home soon.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 11-11-2011 at 02:47 PM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

back at you all

I do not know how to respond to your thank yous. I am proud to have honorably served our country and I am very thankful to those who have served or are serving at this very moment for our freedom.

It is just too bad that certain groups do not get it and do not understand our constitution nor why we fight the wars we have or are fighting.

God Bless our Service People (PC there) and God Bless America !
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Packfanatic View Post
    I do not know how to respond to your thank yous. I am proud to have honorably served our country and I am very thankful to those who have served or are serving at this very moment for our freedom.

It is just too bad that certain groups do not get it and do not understand our constitution nor why we fight the wars we have or are fighting.

God Bless our Service People (PC there) and God Bless America !
    It's sad that certain groups don't understand that there are wars we shouldn't be fighting as well. I support our soldiers but don't support unconstitutional wars nor wars of aggression. It's high time that most of our fathers, mothers, sons and daughters come home. I'd like to thank our veterans by getting them out of harms way.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Thank YOU guys for appreciating what we do.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

Thumbs up Veterans Lunch At Texas Road House In Kenosha! Not Posted!

Lunch was great! The wait was about an hour with all the Veterans there. Saw a Purple Heart winner and many Vietnam Vets. I think there were a couple of WWII Vets but not sure. Saw many active duty people show up with their families. The Roadhouse was still full and had a long line when I left at 2:30.

Thank you Texas Roadhouse!

No "No Firearms" signs posted!

—John F. Kennedy

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Happy 236th Birthday (1 day late) to all my fellow US Marines also!!

Thanks to all those I had the honor to serve with. Those who returned home and those who did not. I will never forget.

Veterans Day always reminds me of the good times!