• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thanks to all those that have served this Veterans day

bigdaddy1

I thank you, for serving our country.

us-flag.jpg

MilProGuy

May GOD bless the memories of all those who have given their lives in the service of our country; and may His Grace be upon all who have served and are still with us and still carry the scars of war, even today.

My prayers and gratitude are with those who currently serve in the military.

One of the greatest honors in my life was to wear the uniform of my country, and now to wear the uniform of my state.

Last edited:

protias

Thanks to all you veterans. You've made this possible!

[video=youtube;Z05UF_pTYAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z05UF_pTYAE[/video]

Outdoorsman1

Snip...

May GOD bless the memories of all those who have given their lives in the service of our country; and may His Grace be upon all who have served and are still with us and still carry the scars of war, even today.

My prayers and gratitude are with those who currently serve in the military.

+ 1000

And also to the familes, friends, and loved ones of those that have served as well as those that are now or will be in the future.

Outdoorsman1

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Thank you to all who have served in the US Armed forces, through out this nations history.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
... The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

protias

This is all done in jest, enjoy. :D

[video=youtube;KQEDQmUF7us]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQEDQmUF7us[/video]

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
God Bless Our Veterans...

Thank you one and all for your service and sacrifices.

From Anonymous:

Some veterans bear visible signs of their service: a missing limb, a Jagged scar, a certain look in the eye.

Others may carry the evidence inside them: a pin holding a bone together, A piece of shrapnel in the leg or perhaps another sort of inner steel: The soul's ally forged in the refinery of adversity.

Except in parades, however, the men and women who have kept America safe Wear no badge or emblem. You can't tell a vet just by looking.

What is a vet?

He is the cop on the beat who spent six months in Saudi Arabia sweating two gallons a day making sure the armored personnel carriers didn't run out of fuel.

He is the barroom loudmouth, dumber than five wooden planks, whose overgrown frat-boy behavior is outweighed a hundred times in the cosmic scales by four hours of exquisite bravery near the 38th parallel.

She or he is the nurse who fought against futility and went to sleep sobbing every night for two solid years in Danang.

He is the POW who went away one person and came back another or didn't come back AT ALL.

He is the Quantico drill instructor who has never seen combat but has saved countless lives by turning slouchy, no-account rednecks and gang members into Marines, and teaching them to watch each other's backs.

He is the parade riding Legionnaire who pins on his ribbons and medals with a prosthetic hand.

He is the career quartermaster who watches the ribbons and medals pass him by.

He is the three anonymous heroes in The Tomb Of The Unknowns, whose presence at the Arlington National Cemetery must forever preserve the memory of all the anonymous heroes whose valor remains unrecognized with them on the battlefield or in the ocean's sunless deep.

He is the old guy bagging groceries at the supermarket, aggravatingly slow, who helped liberate a Nazi death camp and who wishes all day long that his wife were still alive to hold him when the nightmares come.

He is an ordinary and yet an extraordinary human being a person who offered some of his life's most vital years in the service of his country, and who sacrificed his ambitions so others would not have to sacrifice theirs.

He is a Soldier, Marine, Sailor or Airman, and also a savior and a sword against the darkness, and he is nothing more than the finest, greatest testimony on behalf of the finest, greatest nation ever known.

So remember each time you see someone who has served our country. When you see one just lean over and say Thank You.

That's all most people need, and in most cases it will mean more than any medals they could have been awarded or were awarded.

Two little words that mean a lot, "THANK YOU".

God Bless Our Veterans!

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

All I can add is a big +1!!!

I never served and have nothing bud admiration and appreciation for those that have/still do.

Texas Road House and Olive Garden are giving away free meals to vets and active duty.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
You Guys Take All The Fun Out Of It! LOL!

Except Applebee's has decided to post. :rolleyes:

I'm heading to the Texas Roadhouse. Don't know if they are posted but hope not...can't carry there yet anyway since they serve alcohol...and I don't have my "license" yet.

Packfanatic

back at you all

I do not know how to respond to your thank yous. I am proud to have honorably served our country and I am very thankful to those who have served or are serving at this very moment for our freedom.

It is just too bad that certain groups do not get it and do not understand our constitution nor why we fight the wars we have or are fighting.

God Bless our Service People (PC there) and God Bless America !

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I do not know how to respond to your thank yous. I am proud to have honorably served our country and I am very thankful to those who have served or are serving at this very moment for our freedom.

It is just too bad that certain groups do not get it and do not understand our constitution nor why we fight the wars we have or are fighting.

God Bless our Service People (PC there) and God Bless America !

It's sad that certain groups don't understand that there are wars we shouldn't be fighting as well. I support our soldiers but don't support unconstitutional wars nor wars of aggression. It's high time that most of our fathers, mothers, sons and daughters come home. I'd like to thank our veterans by getting them out of harms way.