Thread: Quick question???

sussex, Wisconsin, USA

Quick question???

So last night one of my venders calls and asks if I want to stop for a drink. When we reach the restaurant/bar I took off my firearm and locked it in a bio safe I had installed in my truck due to the fact that I knew I would be having a few.

My question is I had three drinks over about a two and a half hour time frame I Knew i was not over the limit to drive but at what point can you not c.c if you have had a drink?
    Also what do you do if you are in someone elses car and do not have a case in which to place your firearm if you have had a few??

I decided to leave mine locked in the safe for the ride home but I am wondering if I had to?

, ,
    I don't know what the LAW is, but I would probably opt on the side of not carrying. I know that some will flame me for that, but if I had to defend myself having any alcohol in my system would make it harder. It would be best to have a designated driver/carrier.

Plus, what if you missed because your fine motor controls were a little shot? It's just not worth the risk for me, but each person must decide for themself.

West Allis, WI
    The law states "materially impaired," there is not BAC for carrying. Also, one can carry in a bar/restaurant with the owner's permission or manager on duty and consume alcohol (the law does not prohibit this, so there is no statute). If you are in the bar/restaurant under your permit (rather than asking permission), you cannot consume alcohol there. You can however carry as you please on your own property and consume.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)