Thread: Sussex Lieutenant Says Lack of Concealed Carry Training Doesn't Worry Him

Sussex Lieutenant Says Lack of Concealed Carry Training Doesn't Worry Him

http://sussex.patch.com/articles/lie...sn-t-worry-him

Glad to see Lt Gumm enforces the law and nothing further.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Lightbulb Say It Ain't So?!? In Sussex!?!

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    http://sussex.patch.com/articles/lie...sn-t-worry-him

Glad to see Lt Gumm enforces the law and nothing further.
    I like this part best: "Our position essentially is that we support the communities to make the decisions," said Gumm. "Our job is to enforce the law that the government puts into place."

Now this is a far cry from what started a good sized demonstration in Sussex a few years ago. Hmmm...wonder who started that? Joe? Was that you?
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    I like this part best: "Our position essentially is that we support the communities to make the decisions," said Gumm. "Our job is to enforce the law that the government puts into place."

Now this is a far cry from what started a good sized demonstration in Sussex a few years ago. Hmmm...wonder who started that? Joe? Was that you?
    I may have attended that one, but I certainly wasn't alone.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I may have attended that one, but I certainly wasn't alone.
    IIRC, you started that whole mess by forcing the kind ossifur to kick you out of a Chinese restaurant.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    IIRC, you started that whole mess by forcing the kind ossifur to kick you out of a Chinese restaurant.
    You know me, minding my own business, enjoying some Chinese food and then get harassed for carrying the only lawful way...oh, and the whole trying to "impersonate a police officer" with an underpowered, foreign car. I'm sure HAM operators are incredibly unlawful...

Talking Do You See What Happens When You Fight For Your Rights?! Shame On You!

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    A lot has happened and a lot has changed in the short two years that have passed. Kudos to all that have worked so hard and fought the hard fight!

Onward we go....still fighting every day.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    A lot has happened and a lot has changed in the short two years that have passed. Kudos to all that have worked so hard and fought the hard fight!

Onward we go....still fighting every day.
    Indeed! It wasn't just me or you, but everyone here. We The People made this state "change." Maybe there is some "hope" after all?