• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adam Wrinkler Gun Fight. American Podium.

carracer

I watched the video all the way thru. Thought he was wrong, not incorrect but, wrong on a couple of points starting with the framers of the constitution and the intent of the bill of rights. Kinda feel like he was saying, it was ok to have gun control. It's always been there so don't fight it.

DCKilla

Interesting, I found the history lesson very informative. Considering the venue, it was a very neutral speech. The part about the NRA was disturbing, but not surprising. I find the knee-jerk reaction of the NRA during the early 20th century to be in line with the actions of today's anti's.

Last edited:

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
I watched the video all the way thru. Thought he was wrong, not incorrect but, wrong on a couple of points starting with the framers of the constitution and the intent of the bill of rights. Kinda feel like he was saying, it was ok to have gun control. It's always been there so don't fight it.

You would be incorrect if that's what you think he said. Such a "loyalist" ban would never pass muster under modern 2nd amendment jurisprudence, just like numerous things that's considered protected by the 1st amendment now wouldn't have been considered so back then, especially saying vulgar words like the f-word.

Interesting, I found the history lesson very informative. Considering the venue, it was a very neutral speech. The part about the NRA was disturbing, but not surprising. I find the knee-jerk reaction of the NRA during the early 20th century to be in line with the actions of today's anti's.

Yeah, for the modern NRA which got very heavily involved in politics and said basically that no gun control that effects law abiding citizens is acceptable, you see the seeds of that with the Black Panthers in the late 1960's, and then it culminates with the Cincinnati Revolt in 1977 led by the Federation for NRA (primarily Harlon Carter and Neal Knox). I have no doubt that if the Cincinnatti Revolution had failed, we would be living under a nationwide handgun ban. Of this I have no doubt.

Did you open carry there??

Of course not.

Metalhead47

Yeah, for the modern NRA which got very heavily involved in politics and said basically that no gun control that effects law abiding citizens is acceptable, you see the seeds of that with the Black Panthers in the late 1960's, and then it culminates with the Cincinnati Revolt in 1977 led by the Federation for NRA (primarily Harlon Carter and Neal Knox). I have no doubt that if the Cincinnatti Revolution had failed, we would be living under a nationwide handgun ban. Of this I have no doubt.

... expound please?