• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

crazy info when buying gun from px

xrayz540

first thing first, i sold my sig p250 yesterday and picked me up a ruger p95 9mm (so far liking).
and they have to go over the sheet about safety and local ordinaces and so forth...but this is how the conversation went

salesman: dont carry out in the open in kansas its illegal, and if someone calls the police you will be arrested.

a few min go by

me: one sec, i need you to run something by me again...can you repeat this ->
salesman: which one
me: this one hear
salesman: dont carry out in the open in kansas its illegal, and if someone calls the police you will be arrested.
me: wow, really...(then educated him on what i knew on kansas laws and ordinances)
salesman: yea i know but my supervisor told me i had to say that.
me: wow really, they make you lie and misinform people?
salesman:well...my supervisor said i had to say it.

so this really mad me a lil mad that they are made to lie an misinform people when they are purchasing firearms...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Speak with the Supervisor, then find out who the Supervisor's supervisor is. The PX is there to serve the military member, not to do them a disservice.

Actually, giving out bad information may be not only a tort but a crime. In the first instance you suffer because of reliance on someone's misinforming you - inability to perform a lawful act thus deprivation of a right. In the second case the clerk is giving legal advice in violation of state law regarding who is qualified to do so, and that is compounded by giving inaccurate advice.

For the first case I'd see if you could find a tile-crawler who is willing to take the case on contingency and then settle quickly. For the second case I'd report it to the State Bar Association and the State Supreme Court as illegal practice of law and let the PX folks suffer whatever consequences there are.

Or you could discuss the possibilities with the head manager of the PX and see how they might want to proceed so as to avoid all the complications. Sure, it would possibly fix things, but where's the fun in just accomplishing that? [/sarcasm]

stay safe.

stay safe.

xrayz540

Actually, giving out bad information may be not only a tort but a crime. In the first instance you suffer because of reliance on someone's misinforming you - inability to perform a lawful act thus deprivation of a right. In the second case the clerk is giving legal advice in violation of state law regarding who is qualified to do so, and that is compounded by giving inaccurate advice.

For the first case I'd see if you could find a tile-crawler who is willing to take the case on contingency and then settle quickly. For the second case I'd report it to the State Bar Association and the State Supreme Court as illegal practice of law and let the PX folks suffer whatever consequences there are.

Or you could discuss the possibilities with the head manager of the PX and see how they might want to proceed so as to avoid all the complications. Sure, it would possibly fix things, but where's the fun in just accomplishing that? [/sarcasm]

stay safe.

stay safe.

not quite sure but i dont think im allowed to sue anyone on post? but i could be wrond

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
not quite sure but i dont think im allowed to sue anyone on post? but i could be wrond

I'm guessing you are active duty. (Duh!)

You can't sue The Army, but the folks at the PX aren't The Army. And they are well aware that they can be sued for a whole lot of things - but probably never considered they could be sued for this stuff.

A nice conversation with them about not wanting to have to sue them, but being willing to if it's the only way to get the problem resolved, might just be enough "convincing".

Go do that Army Strong/An Army of One thing, says this ex-Marine*.

stay safe.

*It's a long story, but the USMC insists I refer to myself as ex- as opposed to former-.

Lthrnck

Ex-Marine?

I don't want to hijack this thred so SkidMark..

Please explain this Ex vs. Former Marine thing in another thread, and who told you that you had to say Ex vs. Former.

I have been "A MARINE..." for 37 years now.... 4 active 33 inactive.

I have always refered to myself as "A Marine..." although some in the Marine Corps League have been calling us Veteran Marines to show the difference between Active and Inactive.

"Once a Marine, Always a Marine"

OOORah...!!!