Thread: A small victory today

Fitchburg, WI

A small victory today

So, they came to put the "target rich environment" signs up today at my office and I told them not to. I tried to remain calm, but it got a little heated between me and HR as I told them how ridiculous the signs were and they told me how they were afraid that now employees would all kill each other when they are mad. The CEO came out and we talked. I told them they already have a no weapons policy and we do not have walk in business. Why would they advertise that we are all helpless?? I explained all the reasons why this is a bad idea. In the end he agreed that we should not put signs up at my office and there are no signs.
    Last edited by baldp8; 11-11-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’— Thomas Jefferson

Member of NRA, GOA, WCI

Campaign Veteran
    West Bend, WI
    ^ +1000

Way to keep your cool, and congrats on the victory!
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club -

North Chesterfield VA
    Congratulations on your small victory. Also congratulations on getting the CEO to see a little bit of the light.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

West Allis, WI
    Fantastic! I wish I could convince the company I work for to not have their policy (still haven't posted the buildings though).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)