• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buying and Selling

flienlow

Hi All-

Please forgive me in advance if this is bad form, or if I am on the wrong forum as I dont know:

Anyway, I inherited a few guns from my father who passed away several years ago. They have been in their safe place for long time and I was thinking about selling them. However, in this day and age I really dont know what laws are and I am sure ebay/CL forbid it. I dont have anything crazy, just a simple .22 and a shotgun. My end goal would be to sell these guns and replace them with something more usefull for OC/CC. any advice?
Thank you in advance.

SayWhat

person to person sales in WA are for the most part un-regulated (if you know they're not a felon, then go ahead). However, it is common for the person selling to ask the buyer for a concealed pistol license as a safeguard (meaning somebody has already done a background check on them).

Ebay - no guns.
Craigslist - no guns.

Try spokaneguntrader.com (I'm sure there's others)

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
You can also bring them to a local gun shop that does trades/buys and get a quote. If you feel good with the quote they give then its an easy sale.

However, it might be worth keeping them. Not sure how much you can get out of them.

911Grunt

Also check out the Blue Book of Gun Values, some library's have a copy or you can go online (pay website) and that will help you figure out what kind of value your collection has. And remember if you do take them to a gun shop/pawn broker, they are looking at what low cost they can give you and still make a profit. So you may think a shotgun is worth $200 and it maybe at street price but the shop is going offer you $100 since they are looking at selling it for $200. Good luck!

flienlow

Thanks 911grunt. I figured as much which is why would like to sell them myself. .22 is a Colt Woodsman, and the Shotgun is a Japanese Citori. While they are not junk, I dont think either are going to be real hot sellers.

j2l3

Thanks 911grunt. I figured as much which is why would like to sell them myself. .22 is a Colt Woodsman, and the Shotgun is a Japanese Citori. While they are not junk, I dont think either are going to be real hot sellers.

I have a gun values book, it is the most recent.

If you PM me the make/model and maybe the serial number, I can send you the possible value fo them.

tombrewster421

And, you probably shouldn't be talking about them on a public forum.

---

And you should disable the google maps thing that says where you are so someone doesn't come rob you. You should go back and delete that from any old posts as well.

Last edited:

Ajetpilot

And, you probably shouldn't be talking about them on a public forum.

---

And you should disable the google maps thing that says where you are so someone doesn't come rob you. You should go back and delete that from any old posts as well.

I would love to get rid of that. Can you PM me how to do it?