• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Carry Public Meeting & OC Fishing Events Coming to a Pier Near You TODAY!

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Come join us for our Statewide Meetings to raise awareness of Handgun Carry Rights in Florida.
Saturday 10AM - 12PM

On the second Saturday of each month, Florida Carry holds local meetings for our members and other second amendment advocates throughout the state. These meetings are informal and hosted by local volunteers who work with local officials to insure that they are pleasant events for everyone. The public is invited!

Many participants Open Carry and fish during these events. Other participants carry concealed and may or may not fish at the meetings. These monthly events are a way for local second amendment advocates to network, keep up-to-date on current legislation & litigation, and make new friends.

The newest location for these meeting is in the Miami Area. We will have a small meeting on Saturday, November 12th, at Miami-Dade's Black Point Marina Park to enjoy a morning of Fishing and answer any questions about Florida Carry, the lawsuits pending and in progress, current legislation, and our other efforts to support Florida gun owners.

Florida Carry
has identified and worked with over 300 cities, counties, and state agencies to remove unlawful gun control ordinances and signs. The vast majority of those jurisdictions have subsequently repealed their ordinances and pulled down their anti-gun signs. We are pleased to report that we have suspend filing lawsuits against Miami and Miami-Dade pending the planned repeal of their dangerous gun control ordinances this month.

These kinds of laws have proven to only protect criminals while leaving the law abiding defenseless and we will be happy to see them gone.

Currently, Florida Carry’s "Second Amendment Saturday" events are held simultaneously in:
You will need your fishing license to fish and you have to be fishing (or going to and from) to Carry Openly.

Concealed Carry requires a valid Concealed Carry License and fishing is not necessary unless you are carrying unconcealed.

If you are planning on bringing a firearm, please abide by these Three Simple Rules
Hands Off Guns – No Long Guns – Be Safe

1. Keep All Hands Off Sidearms & Holsters!
    1. Do not unholster for any reason other than to save a life.
    2. Make sure your sidearm is secure in its holster. - Condition Yellow -
    3. Do not fidget or make adjustments to your handgun or holster in public.
      1. If you need to make an adjustment, take it to your vehicle.
    4. If anyone, including the media, asks to see your handgun, just turn your body so they can see or film it in the holster.
    5. Do not rest your hand on your gun or holster.
  2. No Long Guns!
    1. This event is about the carry of handguns and other defensive implements that can currently be carried under Florida law by CWFL licensees.
    2. The Carry of Long Guns creates some practical issues with physical handling in public venues and is more provocative.
  3. Always Follow The Basic Gun Safety Rules!
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to shoot.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it

Last edited:

77zach

So are there going to be any cool gun bills filed this year? Since I guess OC is off the table, I was hoping for at least bar areas to be removed from the prohibited list, since that is the one that affects the most people, imo. Unless you're a student. I'm pleased about the lawsuit against colleges barring their students from having guns in their cars. They're clearly in violation of the law, so it will be interesting to see if these wicked corrupt courts can find a way to wiggle out of a correct ruling.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Why is OC off the table? **** me, by the time we get open carry I'm going to be stationed in California or Illinois.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
See HB 463 - Military Shall Issue CWFL regardless of age.

More Lawsuits pending...

Working on knife preemption, bar carry, airport carry, etc... Sponsors are slower to sign on without NRA support and during redistricting.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'm still unable to find a logical reason for not presenting OC again. We know it won't fly, but that doesn't mean we should continue to expose those who make it so.... Just keep putting it up there, let people talk about it. Let the press poo-poo it some more, it makes progress for the sane... The more it gets brought up, the more logic has a chance to take root as the dis-logic is debunked. It is an all around win... Failing to do it shows a desire to make sure it never happens...

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Ixtow if you have a viable house and senate sponsor lined up and willing to file the bill despite the wishes of the house and senate leadership I would love to hear about them.

We don't have sponsors for bills who would have any chance of passing.

Nobody is going to use up a bill slot on this until 2013. We actually could probably get it filed but it would be using a lot of political good will for something the legislature won't do this year.

We may just file the facial challenge instead.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Ixtow if you have a viable house and senate sponsor lined up and willing to file the bill despite the wishes of the house and senate leadership I would love to hear about them.

We don't have sponsors for bills who would have any chance of passing.

Nobody is going to use up a bill slot on this until 2013. We actually could probably get it filed but it would be using a lot of political good will for something the legislature won't do this year.

We may just file the facial challenge instead.

I understand your point. Which is why those who won't do it should be on record...

Wasting a Slot? Is that like Wasting a Vote by refusing to vote for the lesser of the two popularized anti-american evils?

Last edited:

77zach

Working on knife preemption, bar carry, airport carry, etc... Sponsors are slower to sign on without NRA support and during redistricting.

Bizarre to me that the NRA tried to tackle college carry before knives, bars, and airports. They tried to do OC at the same time. That's a big pill for the idiots in Tally to swallow. It's more difficult to see Fl lawmakers smacking down knife preemption or airport carry. Same with bar areas unless the bar version of the retail federation got involved.

While I'm thinking of it, one thing that all the pro freedom groups in Fl should push for is an extended domain law, as in New Mexico. This treats your vehicle as an extension of your home. Among many benefits, this would allow unlicensed OC or CC in a vehicle. Probably wouldn't happen since most republicans hate the 4th amendment, but I think it would be worthwhile. I just wish more pro freedom groups could join forces.

77zach

I'm still unable to find a logical reason for not presenting OC again.

When I read the rules, it sounds possible to strike "briefly" by amendment to another gun bill affecting 790. If that's right and it was really only a vote short, you just wait to offer it until the bill reaches the floor. Assuming you have the votes.

Last edited:

Rich7553

Bizarre to me that the NRA tried to tackle college carry before knives, bars, and airports. They tried to do OC at the same time. That's a big pill for the idiots in Tally to swallow. It's more difficult to see Fl lawmakers smacking down knife preemption or airport carry. Same with bar areas unless the bar version of the retail federation got involved.

While I'm thinking of it, one thing that all the pro freedom groups in Fl should push for is an extended domain law, as in New Mexico. This treats your vehicle as an extension of your home. Among many benefits, this would allow unlicensed OC or CC in a vehicle. Probably wouldn't happen since most republicans hate the 4th amendment, but I think it would be worthwhile. I just wish more pro freedom groups could join forces.

Don't forget that NRA is a nationally-focused organization. There are only a handful of states that permit carry on campus at all, let alone in campus buildings. So to NRA, campus carry is a national issue. On the other hand, knife carry, bar carry, and airport carry are much more local issues and don't command a lot of attention on the national scene. In fact, airport carry is prohibited in only 6 states, of which Florida is one. This is why NRA isn't pursuing lawsuits against local governments that violate preemption. It's something left up to organizations like Florida Carry.

By the way, I don't hate the Fourth Amendment, nor do any of the conservatives I know. I think a more accurate statement would be "big government bureacrats, be they democrat or republican, hate the concept of personal rights and liberty."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I just wish more pro freedom groups could join forces.

This.

There is so much animosity for the other guy sown into faction politics. It is at the root of political power. Divide and conquer. Teach them to hate their neighbors...

When America was founded, this divide was eliminated. The people we make fun of are the people we should be calling friend. How long did they circulate the picture of the chopped up snake?

Drug Dealers aren't bad people... They are generally classier and friendlier than the average Cop or Politician. The environment created puts them in a position of having to do unpleasant things from time to time, but they want to that even less than you or I; it draws attention they don't want.

Can you name someone who's name appears on the Declaration of Independence who was NOT considered a heinous criminal by the Red Coats? "Law Abiding" is nothing to be proud of. As long as that excuse is clung to for denouncing others, not to mention dozens of other class-war excuses invented by Conservatives who then mock the Liberals for trying to survive that war, we can kiss this country goodbye.

As in any warfare, Class Warfare has two sides. the aggressors, and those trying not to get killed by them. Fighting the Class War only means you're refusing to lie down and die. Conservatives mocking Liberals for Class Warfare is just as dumb as Liberals who mock Conservatives for fighting Terrorism.

Conservatives started the Class War, and they mock any who dare to fight back instead of lie down and die. Class Warfare is a fact of greed, hate, and extortion; the foundations of Conservatism. How can it be rationally expected that no one will fight back? American Conservatism is about preying on your fellow man. Eventually, your victims add up and they become a majority. Out economic collapse is a result of centering all profit on the broken home. "How can I destroy that family?" has become the cornerstone of all business function. Who WOULDN'T fight that?

Those too stupid to see it... Or those who are doing it, know damn well how sick it is, and get off on being so demented... America is Hate. No one if jealous of us. Its not even about the money anymore, it's about how much damage you can do to someone else. There is nothing else. Profit is directly proportional to carnage; because Americans value nothing else. We even tear ourselves apart and still complain...

To use a Medical Analogy; Autoimmunity is the failure of an organism to recognize its own constituent parts as self, which allows an immune response against its own cells and tissues. <--- this is what Americans are doing, "working hard" every day to destroy themselves. No doubt, destroying everyone and everything in sight is hard work, way to go blind "work ethic." Now you have no tomorrow for your children... Idiots.

The term "work ethic" is an oxymoron. America demands a complete lack of ethics as a universal prerequisite to any form of employment or income. The tiniest shred of decency, and you may as well stay in bed. "Work" has no place for "ethics."

Does America's self-destruction surprise you? Pay attention; how could it NOT happen.... We're putting every effort into making it so... If you shoot yourself in the foot, don't be surprised when there's a big hole in your foot, it hurts real bad, and walking gets difficult. Duh, what did you think was going to happen? A dozen or more generations of "I shot myself in the foot and it worked fine for me." Eventually, you gotta pay that bill. What your grandparents did, was kill you. Don't expect those "hard workers" to ever admit responsibility for it tho.... The question is, are you going to keep following in their bloody footsteps? Put the final nail in America's coffin? Dysfunction can go on for only so long... It's as unavoidable as the Laws of Physics. You either change your behavior, or suffer the consequences.

Keep hating your only ally in the war that has been upon us for a very long time... Remain divided by petty bullsh!t and lies...

Last edited:

j4l

Run knife pre-emption by me , again? I think I missed something.
As a maker of knives, I kinda need to grasp that a bit more.

As to exposing douchebags in Tally- who are we going to expose them to? No one gives a rat's ass but us..

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I OCed out on the new Cedar Key Pier yesterday and today. Dunno how useful it'll be, but you could add that to the list and I'd be there...

ADulay

Hey everybody!!

Well, another 2nd Saturday of the month has hit the books and all over the state there were small groups of people who firmly believe in the viability of "open carry" out there doing a short, two hour session at a pier of their choice basically demonstrating that open carriers are normal people who fish!

Did you attend one of them?

I did.

AD (Try it, you'll like it!)

Last edited:

Rick H

Hey everybody!!

Well, another 2nd Saturday of the month has hit the books and all over the state there were small groups of people who firmly believe in the viability of "open carry" out there doing a short, two hour session at a pier of their choice basically demonstrating that open carriers are normal people who fish!

Did you attend one of them?

I did.

AD (Try it, you'll like it!)

Yes I did, But I was very late and arrived around 4:00 pm and left around 8:00pm. The trip was very
pleasant and did have a couple of inquiries on the open carry issue. It ended very well and most said
they would look into the issues of open carry and the 2ND amendment troubles that we are having
and the WHATS and WHYS the 2ND amendment is very important to "We The People".
I gave some reasons and explanations how open carry works and as they can see nobody is yelling
and screaming about MAN WITH GUN nor is anybody being shot nor scared and that an armed society
is a polite society, Also asked if they have ever heard of an Uniformed Police Officer ever getting
mugged or assaulted, and they replied no and chuckled and said that makes sense.

Last edited:

Golden-Arm

ft pierce has an awesome jetty for fishing. all we need now, is a group to represent oc here. melbourne/miami are too far for some of us on the treasure coast. how do we get some action down here? :question:

fwiw, i do oc at bear point, and pepper park on north beach, due to the remoteness of the locations, and just because sometimes it's nice to oc. :banana:

Rich7553

ft pierce has an awesome jetty for fishing. all we need now, is a group to represent oc here. melbourne/miami are too far for some of us on the treasure coast. how do we get some action down here? :question:

fwiw, i do oc at bear point, and pepper park on north beach, due to the remoteness of the locations, and just because sometimes it's nice to oc. :banana:

Read this:

http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Carry/messages/boards/thread/9886696

Then contact sean@floridacarry.org for tips and info.

h20squirter

i grew up in the Fort, those are very good places to have protection, especially at night, especially when fishing alone. haha.

ADulay

All,

Well, I probably should have posted this up YESTERDAY and asked how many of you were planning on attending a local Open Carry Fishing Event near you.

As it's now Saturday evening, I'll ask....

How many attended a local Open Carry Fishing event today? How did it go? Did the guy who was supposed to bring the donuts forget them, AGAIN!!!

We had eight people attend ours today in Fort Myers and even the weather held out, in spite of the dire predictions of the local news organizations!

Anyway, just wanted to bring this thread back up to the top so you can "plan" for next month's Open Carry Fishing Event near you.

AD