• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Florida Carry Public Meeting & OC Fishing Events Coming to a Pier Near You TODAY!

hammer6

is there any way we could start doing this multiple times per month? it seems the past 6-7 months i've had conflicts on the saturday...

Last edited:

j4l

WOW! 27 pages of pure venom about the one about to happen down the road here.

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f22/open-carry-fishing-event-navarre-pier-121644/

And after reading through most of that- it sums up exactly why I think these are mostly a waste of our time and effort.
The concept is completely lost on the typical hick you will find at most fishing piers.
A place like JAX beach- where you will likely have more of a tourist audience, can be a bit different but..
It's why I think- unless/until Hell freezes over and OC is passed- Empty Holster events are more effective.
It encourages curiosity- and all but forces folks to wonder "why are there dozens/hundreds of guys walking around here with holsters,but No pistols?" -and THEN folks will come over, and strike up a convo-out of interest, rather than out of un-founded offense or fear.

ADulay

WOW! 27 pages of pure venom about the one about to happen down the road here.

http://www.pensacolafishingforum.com/f22/open-carry-fishing-event-navarre-pier-121644/

Well at least every single cliche' and "reason" has been covered by the "OC will get you killed first" crowd, and then some.

I honestly believe that the mere statement of actually using the statute and exercising your legal right to do this, bothers a whole lot of people for some strange reasons.

The same arguments come up against OC while fishing but none of them are valid excuses to deny a person his legal right to do this.

I still OC daily, on the motorcycle, and nobody bats an eye. The implied "hysteria" that comes out anytime a person brings this up in discussion is kind of worrisome. So many people are so afraid of something a little out of the ordinary that they will literally shout you down and call you names. (At least on the internet where everybody is a warrior).

The Open Carry movement requires people who will either "put up or shut up" and for most people, they will just "shut up" and go meekly away so as to not ruffle any feathers or "bother" anyone.

Not me!

I'd love to be up in Pensacola for their Open Carry event but alas, I'll be down in Fort Myers at our own monthly meeting!

AD (full time open carry advocate AND practitioner)

Rich7553

So many people are so afraid of something a little out of the ordinary that they will literally shout you down and call you names. (At least on the internet where everybody is a warrior).

I find it ironic that on the internet, you can portray yourself as anything you want, yet so many people choose "stupid".

77zach

I've "briefly" OCed in Fl several times-even up to a few minutes not doing one of the exceptional activities in 790.25. Not surprisingly, the reaction here has been the same as in states with general OC. Which makes sense. People are pretty similar everywhere, especially in the same country. Most people don't notice; or they don't care; or they think you're a cop. Or, heaven forfend, they appreciate it.

ADulay

I've "briefly" OCed in Fl several times-even up to a few minutes not doing one of the exceptional activities in 790.25. Not surprisingly, the reaction here has been the same as in states with general OC. Which makes sense. People are pretty similar everywhere, especially in the same country. Most people don't notice; or they don't care; or they think you're a cop. Or, heaven forfend, they appreciate it.

Yep, that's been my experiece too.

For just about everybody who sees it, it's a non-event and not worth being concerned about.

I have more grief with the kid in the car next to me texting his pizza order in at 70 mph!!

AD

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I find it ironic that on the internet, you can portray yourself as anything you want, yet so many people choose "stupid".

...and now you know why I left the Country. It's not The Internet. That's how people are. That's how they vote. That's how they think. Stupid and hostile is easier than thinking. The partisan two-party system is designed around the idea of making people hate each other. The 2x4 of government trades hands, more nails are added and the 'other guy' is flogged. changes hands, more nails added, repeat ad-nauseum until there are more nails than there are freedoms.... Just like the politicians wanted!

Democracy is merely tyranny of 51%. It's easy to encourage 51% to choose stupid. This results in the same totalitarianism as a dictator would have, but with the loyalty of a majority to back it up. Could there be anything more horrible?

That's why the USA is a REPUBLIC, but does anyone understand that anymore?

Nope, they've chosen stupid because it gives them an excuse to be violent and hateful. To rid one's self of that stupidity would eliminate the excuse for being violent and hateful, and they'd have to stop being so. Nobody wants to stop being violent and hateful. And so it plays into the Imperialist's hands... The Republicans support Faux Capitalism (Imerialism), and their followers are too stupid to know it. Those who do prefer willful denial so they can stay hateful and violent. The Democrats oppose that Faux Capitalism, and just as predictably, their minions follow in being hateful and violent towards the supports of that Faux Capitalism. All the while, both sides play right into the Imperislist's hands knowing it full well, but refusing to acknowledge it because they enjoy being hateful and violent and want to keep the excuse alive...

Pathetic.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Yep, that's been my experiece too.

For just about everybody who sees it, it's a non-event and not worth being concerned about.

I have more grief with the kid in the car next to me texting his pizza order in at 70 mph!!

AD

Oh man, the looks I got when I was out at Cedar Key... Nothing happened, but I was sure the po po was gonna show up... I'm not doing it again. I gotta be outta here in 2 weeks and I don't need the trouble.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

My shirt rode up in the wind while riding the Vertical Wreck. I have no idea how long it was. But compared to the life of the universe, it was astoundingly brief...

ADulay

For those of you who may be attending the upcoming Open Carry Fishing event in the Fort Myers area, please be advised that the venue will be changed this month to the Fort Myers Beach Fishing Pier instead of our usual Centennial Park location in downtown Fort Myers.

Public parking is $2.00 per hour and the traffic into and out of the Fort Myers Beach area still looks to be "acceptable" at this time of the year.

There is a concession stand half way out on the pier with water, sodas, touristy stuff, etc. I don't believe they sell ammo of any type.

Now I have to decide if I want to fish from the beach or fish off the pier. If I decide to fish off the beach, I'll need to find a decent holster to go with my "Speedo" bathing suit! If I can't find anything properly "EuroStyle", I'll just fish off the pier with the rest of you guys and gals.

In any event, I'll be there this Saturday for sure.

AD (full time open carry advocate and practitioner)

Last edited:

ADulay

All,

This is a shameless "bump" for our upcoming Open Carry Fishing Event at the Fort Myers Beach Pier complex this coming Saturday, November 10th.

Feel like trying out your open carry posture? Show up around 10am or so until around noon and bring something to fish with!

Last month's Open Carry event at The Pier was a very good experience and probably the best one we've done in the last two years!

Anyway, the only two choices I really have is which Glock to wear while showing Rich how to reel in "The Big Ones" and what location to take the photo from!!

We've already been in contact with the Fort Myers PD and we've had some good conversations at the new Pier location.

See you there!

AD

ADulay

To meekly add to this thread, I'll post this update.....

On the results of the grand fishing contest at last Saturday's Fort Myers Open Carry Fishing Event, the grand total of fish caught was.....

zero.

Yes, although we all understand ballistics, powder weights, holster design, safety, and most of the arcane laws and regulations in Florida, it would appear that NONE of us has the talent to actually catch a fish at a pier specifically designed to make you catch fish!!

So, in spike of Rich bringing down a bloody bonita for all of us to use as bait (thanks, Rich) I'm thinking that it may have been some kind of a plot to drive away all the fish so that we can try this all over again next month!

I'll be bringing a different gun, a new rod and reel, and some live bait. This cannot end in a shutout!!

If Teddy catches the fish I'll just push his scooter over the edge and he can deal with the fish on their own turf!

AD (open carry advocate and really lame fisherman)

rvrctyrngr

Were y'all downtown or at the beach?

If you were at the beach...y'all SUCK, badly!!!! :lol:

...or maybe it's because the snowbirds are here now polluting the water????

To meekly add to this thread, I'll post this update.....

On the results of the grand fishing contest at last Saturday's Fort Myers Open Carry Fishing Event, the grand total of fish caught was.....

zero.

Yes, although we all understand ballistics, powder weights, holster design, safety, and most of the arcane laws and regulations in Florida, it would appear that NONE of us has the talent to actually catch a fish at a pier specifically designed to make you catch fish!!

So, in spike of Rich bringing down a bloody bonita for all of us to use as bait (thanks, Rich) I'm thinking that it may have been some kind of a plot to drive away all the fish so that we can try this all over again next month!

I'll be bringing a different gun, a new rod and reel, and some live bait. This cannot end in a shutout!!

If Teddy catches the fish I'll just push his scooter over the edge and he can deal with the fish on their own turf!

AD (open carry advocate and really lame fisherman)

rvrctyrngr

We're now holding the 2nd Saturday Open Carry Fishing Event at the Fort Myers Fishing Pier at Fort Myers Beach.

A whole lot better exposure while being there and the local amenities are much better too.

AD

Outstanding, AD! I need to get down there...been too long.