Thread: robber uses gun, but "no guns allowed"

robber uses gun, but "no guns allowed"

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...,4910852.story

Robber robs bank in a place that has "no guns allowed", then gets in shootout with cops and is killed.

But didn't he read the sign? I mean it clearly says no guns!!

(In other words, your "no guns" signs are a gigantic target for robbers, because they are going to go to your business/bank to rob it!!)

It's an invitation stating, "No one else here is armed." Criminals aren't concerned with only complying to SOME laws.

So you are telling me it doesn't work like this?!

No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    (In other words, your "no guns" signs are a gigantic target for robbers, because they are going to go to your business/bank to rob it!!)
    While the experience of other states and plain common sense support your statement the Fox story, if correct, indicates this individual may not have been as perceptive or discriminating as you suspect:

"Alford was on parole for bank robbery. He was in prison since 2002 and was just released this year. He was wanted for robbing the M&I Bank on North Ave. on September 28 and the US Bank on Farwell on November 9."
    Member of Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultus habebunt...

I doubt the bank was posted or he would not have gone in there.

Quote Originally Posted by scm54449 View Post
    While the experience of other states and plain common sense support your statement the Fox story, if correct, indicates this individual may not have been as perceptive or discriminating as you suspect:

"Alford was on parole for bank robbery. He was in prison since 2002 and was just released this year. He was wanted for robbing the M&I Bank on North Ave. on September 28 and the US Bank on Farwell on November 9."
    US Bank is posted, I am not sure about M&I as they were posted earlier this year, but when BMO bought them, things may have changed.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    US Bank is posted, I am not sure about M&I as they were posted earlier this year, but when BMO bought them, things may have changed.
    MI doesn't matter, as that was before Nov 1st. So yes, he twice robbed banks that were "no guns allowed". I guarantee you those signs they had posted had a factor. Most criminals don't want resistance or risk getting shot. Most criminals would avoid someone who they think could be armed. So naturally, your bank robbers are going to choose banks that have "posted".

He robs banks because that is where the money is. He was expecting a safe working environment for himself since law abiding people obey the signs therefore making him king of the hill for a brief period. Then those darn old law enforcement officers had to rain on his parade. Ruined his whole day. Well at least we won't have to feed him, clothe him, house him, entertainment him or take care of his medical needs anymore.
    Last edited by Old Grump; 11-17-2011 at 08:54 AM.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

This is a homicide that took place not far from where MKEgal and I live.
    http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-201...,2981223.story

It helps answer the question of when you should carry?

Whenever you don't want to die.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Was "the Guaranty Bank at the Shops of Grand Avenue" actually posted!? It doesnt say in the article...
    Last edited by markush; 11-13-2011 at 10:45 AM.

If the shootout occurred in the "no gun zone"...

... there should be no trouble in engaging OHSA to assure a safer work place, and stiff penalties for the accused offenders. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Quote Originally Posted by markush View Post
    Was "the Guaranty Bank at the Shops of Grand Avenue" actually posted!? It doesnt say in the article...
    Grand Avenue is posted, so yes.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post1645183

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    ... there should be no trouble in engaging OHSA to assure a safer work place, and stiff penalties for the accused offenders. boar out.
    Oh, he's pretty stiff already.

Has anyone made sure that WAVE is aware that the signs dont work....as seen by this example.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wiscon...t/273516596235

I tried to post it but it conveniently got deleted within minutes.

LOL yea I tried making a couple posts over there, merely to provide factual information or offer the other side of the opinion in a constructive manner. And they just delete the posts within 15 minutes. They don't want to hear anything that disagrees with them, or worse, proves what they say to be completely wrong. I don't mind debating with people who are anti-2A, because it at least gives me the opportunity to educate. But they are just all about fingers in their ears and singing LA LA LA LA rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wiscon...t/273516596235

I tried to post it but it conveniently got deleted within minutes.
    I'm sure that they feel that the 1st amendment, like the 2nd amendment, needs a LOT of management and control, "to keep the people safe from the facts"

Their hypocrisy is obvious, not close to gray area. At the 2011 Oct. 31, CCW informational meeting held in Milwaukee, after the first question regarding:

What are the statistics on gun violence from the other 48 states that allow Concealed Carry
    Ms. Boniva (of Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort / WAVE) immediately started a verbal dance AROUND the question. The facts are not on her side. The reaction of most of the sponsors, to basicaly her "plea of no contest" was very obvious. They realized, why they had not already been provided with statistics or factual experience, by her. The 2A supporters there, and there were a few, did not feel like WE were on trial, from that moment on. The questions from the general audience, were good, honest informational concerns, not trying to accuse, or express anger.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

That can't be right...those signs PREVENT people from entering a Business with a gun....ok, ok...Just law abiding people.............THE MORONS that post those signs are soooooo freeeeking stupid they actually think they will actually stop an actual bad guy from holding it up or shooting it up.... IQ's of these business owners must not be real high.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 11-13-2011 at 05:56 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    IQ's of these business owners must not be real high.
    Nothing to do with common sense or intelligence and everything to do with perceptions. Ninnies prefer to be scared of the sight of openly carried guns and even more scared of concealed guns. If they are banned they feel safer. All about feelings don't you know. Common sense not required as long as you feel good.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK21GB View Post
    That can't be right...those signs PREVENT people from entering a Business with a gun....ok, ok...Just law abiding people.............THE MORONS that post those signs are soooooo freeeeking stupid they actually think they will actually stop an actual bad guy from holding it up or shooting it up.... IQ's of these business owners must not be real high.
    I don't think they thought about bank robbers suddenly having LESS targets. They just assumed robberies would continue to be spread out evenly over all financial institutions. If I was robbing a bank I'd sure a hell pick one that didn't have armed guards or even worse random civilians with guns.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandil View Post
    If I was robbing a bank I'd sure a hell pick one that didn't have armed guards or even worse random civilians with guns.
    Called the "substitution effect" and is covered in the Introduction to MGLC-3rd, like page 7.

It's too bad that our legislators aren't scholars of any sort. One is a retired chief deputy sheriff.