• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

robber uses gun, but "no guns allowed"

Texasbob

It's an invitation stating, "No one else here is armed." Criminals aren't concerned with only complying to SOME laws.

protias

So you are telling me it doesn't work like this?!

[video=youtube;S7pGt_O1uM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8[/video]

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
(In other words, your "no guns" signs are a gigantic target for robbers, because they are going to go to your business/bank to rob it!!)

While the experience of other states and plain common sense support your statement the Fox story, if correct, indicates this individual may not have been as perceptive or discriminating as you suspect:

"Alford was on parole for bank robbery. He was in prison since 2002 and was just released this year. He was wanted for robbing the M&I Bank on North Ave. on September 28 and the US Bank on Farwell on November 9."

protias

While the experience of other states and plain common sense support your statement the Fox story, if correct, indicates this individual may not have been as perceptive or discriminating as you suspect:

"Alford was on parole for bank robbery. He was in prison since 2002 and was just released this year. He was wanted for robbing the M&I Bank on North Ave. on September 28 and the US Bank on Farwell on November 9."

US Bank is posted, I am not sure about M&I as they were posted earlier this year, but when BMO bought them, things may have changed.

bmwguy11

US Bank is posted, I am not sure about M&I as they were posted earlier this year, but when BMO bought them, things may have changed.

MI doesn't matter, as that was before Nov 1st. So yes, he twice robbed banks that were "no guns allowed". I guarantee you those signs they had posted had a factor. Most criminals don't want resistance or risk getting shot. Most criminals would avoid someone who they think could be armed. So naturally, your bank robbers are going to choose banks that have "posted".

Old Grump

He robs banks because that is where the money is. He was expecting a safe working environment for himself since law abiding people obey the signs therefore making him king of the hill for a brief period. Then those darn old law enforcement officers had to rain on his parade. Ruined his whole day. Well at least we won't have to feed him, clothe him, house him, entertainment him or take care of his medical needs anymore.

Last edited:

markush

Was "the Guaranty Bank at the Shops of Grand Avenue" actually posted!? It doesnt say in the article...

Last edited:

wild boar

If the shootout occurred in the "no gun zone"...

... there should be no trouble in engaging OHSA to assure a safer work place, and stiff penalties for the accused offenders. boar out.

bmwguy11

LOL yea I tried making a couple posts over there, merely to provide factual information or offer the other side of the opinion in a constructive manner. And they just delete the posts within 15 minutes. They don't want to hear anything that disagrees with them, or worse, proves what they say to be completely wrong. I don't mind debating with people who are anti-2A, because it at least gives me the opportunity to educate. But they are just all about fingers in their ears and singing LA LA LA LA rofl.

E6chevron

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wisconsin-Anti-Violence-Effort/273516596235

I tried to post it but it conveniently got deleted within minutes.

I'm sure that they feel that the 1st amendment, like the 2nd amendment, needs a LOT of management and control, "to keep the people safe from the facts"

Their hypocrisy is obvious, not close to gray area. At the 2011 Oct. 31, CCW informational meeting held in Milwaukee, after the first question regarding:

What are the statistics on gun violence from the other 48 states that allow Concealed Carry

Ms. Boniva (of Wisconsin Anti-Violence Effort / WAVE) immediately started a verbal dance AROUND the question. The facts are not on her side. The reaction of most of the sponsors, to basicaly her "plea of no contest" was very obvious. They realized, why they had not already been provided with statistics or factual experience, by her. The 2A supporters there, and there were a few, did not feel like WE were on trial, from that moment on. The questions from the general audience, were good, honest informational concerns, not trying to accuse, or express anger.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
That can't be right...those signs PREVENT people from entering a Business with a gun....ok, ok...Just law abiding people.............THE MORONS that post those signs are soooooo freeeeking stupid they actually think they will actually stop an actual bad guy from holding it up or shooting it up.... IQ's of these business owners must not be real high.

Last edited:

Old Grump

IQ's of these business owners must not be real high.
Nothing to do with common sense or intelligence and everything to do with perceptions. Ninnies prefer to be scared of the sight of openly carried guns and even more scared of concealed guns. If they are banned they feel safer. All about feelings don't you know. Common sense not required as long as you feel good.

Vandil

That can't be right...those signs PREVENT people from entering a Business with a gun....ok, ok...Just law abiding people.............THE MORONS that post those signs are soooooo freeeeking stupid they actually think they will actually stop an actual bad guy from holding it up or shooting it up.... IQ's of these business owners must not be real high.

I don't think they thought about bank robbers suddenly having LESS targets. They just assumed robberies would continue to be spread out evenly over all financial institutions. If I was robbing a bank I'd sure a hell pick one that didn't have armed guards or even worse random civilians with guns.