• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

super walmart on 287 in lafayette OK to OC

Shooter McGee

was there for 2 hours shopping with my wife and 18 month old son yesterday. sig .45 1911 at 9'oclock. white shirt so i know that it really stood out and it was hard not to notice. no weird or bad looks that i noticed. no one whispering to their companion while passing by. saw, talked and joked with and walked past a copious amount of employees of all types of ranks. piece of cake. either it is OK to OC there or i managed to catch EVERYONE in the building on a good day/mood.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
I carry in Walmarts all over town; Aurora, Denver, Brighton, Colorado Springs, etc... and never once had an issue with openly carrying my sidearm. Whether I am toting my Ruger P-94 or my XDM .40 compact, I never have any trouble anywhere I go.

That being said, and one I had to laugh about later, happened tonight when I was in Safeway. As I waited for the pharmacy to fill a prescription for me, I decided to walk around the store and pick up a few items. As I went down one particular aisle, I noticed a guy at the far end go wide-eyed when he spotted my XDM (replete with the extended capacity magazine) worn crossdraw on my left hip.

"Hey, is it okay to carry a pistol in the store like that?" He asked.
"It is for me. Ain't too sure about you though!"

And with that, I passed him by and ambled back to the pharmacy to get my monthly stash of pills.

Didn't see that guy again, but that was just peachy by me.

Wonder if he's still trying to unravel my answer!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Shooter McGee

"It is for me. Ain't too sure about you though!". i like that. i'll have to remember to use that one sometime. keep em thinking for sure.

this was my first time OC'ing in a walmart. i have read many stories on here that didn't go as well as they should have, as far as OC and wallyworld. my experience was excellent so i figured i'd post about it.

JamesB

Howdy Amigo!
I carry in Walmarts all over town; Aurora, Denver, Brighton, Colorado Springs, etc... and never once had an issue with openly carrying my sidearm. Whether I am toting my Ruger P-94 or my XDM .40 compact, I never have any trouble anywhere I go.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Really?

mahkagari

"Hey, is it okay to carry a pistol in the store like that?" He asked.
"It is for me. Ain't too sure about you though!"

M-T, the way you represent OCers in CO is really starting to p!$$ me off. How dare you be wittier than the rest of us put together? You are setting the bar way too high there, pal! Being amicable good citizens is one thing, but you're out there normalizing the idea that any one of us has a holster full of jovial one-liners. Cut it out, yer making us look bad!

jhco50

All Walmarts adhere to local gun laws. You can carry in any of them, except in Denver.

Jonathan Hoff

glad all went well for you. i havnt had a problem in a wall mart yet but honestly i was in to buy ammo and then right back out and my dad went along with me, im sure he was at more unrest with the issue or me having the gun out then anyone else.

ill be doing some xmas shopping this weekend so i guess ill see how that goes but know that people are going so many places with out many issues here really brings a calm over me.

glad yall had a safe time! love reading the stories guys!

JamesB

glad all went well for you. i havnt had a problem in a wall mart yet but honestly i was in to buy ammo and then right back out and my dad went along with me, im sure he was at more unrest with the issue or me having the gun out then anyone else.

ill be doing some xmas shopping this weekend so i guess ill see how that goes but know that people are going so many places with out many issues here really brings a calm over me.

glad yall had a safe time! love reading the stories guys!

I was in my local Walmart for black friday in the middle of the mob, carrying a full frame Barretta 96. Even with that big honkin thing I only got one person to even comment on it. While I was walking away from the lady handing out the laptop computers, she saw it and asked if it was a BB gun. I told her that no, sadly it was a completely real 40 cal.

No problem, no issue.