Thread: anyone here own or used a beretta tomcat?

anyone here own or used a beretta tomcat?

Looking at picking one of these up, so hoping to find out if anyone here has used one, or if anyone happens to own one and wouldn't mind letting me and my wife shoot a few rounds?

Lightbulb I Looked At One But Decided I Would Rather Have The Taurus Model 22

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    Looking at picking one of these up, so hoping to find out if anyone here has used one, or if anyone happens to own one and wouldn't mind letting me and my wife shoot a few rounds?

I've seen them for around $200 NIB. From what I can see they appear to be great little guns.

Link: http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selecto...=SF1&toggle=tp

Check out the Taurus PLY model available in both .22LR and .25ACP: http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...adcrumbseries=
    Last edited by rcawdor57; 11-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Have a M-9...

can't help with the other. Love my M-9, it's a lot of pistol, 15, and one. that's 2.5 lbs loaded. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    can't help with the other. Love my M-9, it's a lot of pistol, 15, and one. that's 2.5 lbs loaded. boar out.
    I have a Baretta Tomcat in 22LR and it is what it is - a mouse gun that is somewhat susceptible to malfunction. (The slide spring prefers .22LR Magnum so as not to experience "stovepipe" ejection malfunctions.) Lubricating it well will reduce this tendency.

Wild Boar - it was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter this afternoon. I hope I did not offend you or her when I referred to your daughter as the "hot chick in the second row". You will have noted by now that I "engage" my students, but I hope I did so without offending anyone. No disrespect was intended.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I hope I did not offend you or her when I referred to your daughter as the "hot chick in the second row".
    You owe me a new netbook... Coke and electronics don't go well together. Got any pics?

Anyway, I have always wondered about the reliability of a small .22 semi-auto. They actually look pretty cool, but I would want something that designed as an ACP.

I'm actually interested in some more firsthand experiences with the Tomcat guns, or equivalent. I'm not looking to get one, just really curious.

The tomcat is a .32

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    The tomcat is a .32
    Yellow Cat stands corrected and is apparently not too sharp regarding other "cats". The .22LR mouse gun I have is a "Bobcat" and not a "Tom Cat". The Tomcat is indeed chambered in .32 Auto.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

I had a Taurus PT-.22...

, and what had happened was the receiver would hit the end of the barrel on one side. I didn't know this, and it cracked the frame at the hinge point. It won't happen again, I'll never own another one. The Sn is on the frame, and they wouldn't replace the pistol. Another time the firring broke, and wedged in a striking position, after putting a full mag in I went to chamber a round, it fired, and a piece of the casing blew a hole in my finger. No more. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.