• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone here own or used a beretta tomcat?

bmwguy11

Looking at picking one of these up, so hoping to find out if anyone here has used one, or if anyone happens to own one and wouldn't mind letting me and my wife shoot a few rounds?

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
I Looked At One But Decided I Would Rather Have The Taurus Model 22

Looking at picking one of these up, so hoping to find out if anyone here has used one, or if anyone happens to own one and wouldn't mind letting me and my wife shoot a few rounds?

I've seen them for around $200 NIB. From what I can see they appear to be great little guns.

Link: http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-results.cfm?series=SF1&toggle=tp

Check out the Taurus PLY model available in both .22LR and .25ACP: http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=695&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

Last edited:

wild boar

Have a M-9...

can't help with the other. Love my M-9, it's a lot of pistol, 15, and one. that's 2.5 lbs loaded. boar out.

jpm84092

can't help with the other. Love my M-9, it's a lot of pistol, 15, and one. that's 2.5 lbs loaded. boar out.

I have a Baretta Tomcat in 22LR and it is what it is - a mouse gun that is somewhat susceptible to malfunction. (The slide spring prefers .22LR Magnum so as not to experience "stovepipe" ejection malfunctions.) Lubricating it well will reduce this tendency.

Wild Boar - it was a pleasure meeting you and your daughter this afternoon. I hope I did not offend you or her when I referred to your daughter as the "hot chick in the second row". You will have noted by now that I "engage" my students, but I hope I did so without offending anyone. No disrespect was intended.

carsontech

Activist Member
I hope I did not offend you or her when I referred to your daughter as the "hot chick in the second row".

You owe me a new netbook... Coke and electronics don't go well together. Got any pics? :D

Anyway, I have always wondered about the reliability of a small .22 semi-auto. They actually look pretty cool, but I would want something that designed as an ACP.

I'm actually interested in some more firsthand experiences with the Tomcat guns, or equivalent. I'm not looking to get one, just really curious.

wild boar

I had a Taurus PT-.22...

, and what had happened was the receiver would hit the end of the barrel on one side. I didn't know this, and it cracked the frame at the hinge point. It won't happen again, I'll never own another one. The Sn is on the frame, and they wouldn't replace the pistol. Another time the firring broke, and wedged in a striking position, after putting a full mag in I went to chamber a round, it fired, and a piece of the casing blew a hole in my finger. No more. boar out.