Thread: Madison Gas Stations

Madison Gas Stations

Just thought I'd let everyone know that with PDQ being a target rich environment now, I wrote to Kelley's Market and got the following response, so I will shift my business to them:

"Hello, I am a licensed concealed weapons carrier and am currently shopping for new gas / convenience store. Kelly's is a bit farther out of my way than PDQ, but since PDQs are all posted "no weapons", I can no longer go there. I would like to inquire as to what Kelly's policy is for law abiding concealed weapons license holders and if it is possible to shop there without removing my pistol before I enter the store?

Thank You

Xxxx X Xxxxxxx, PharmD

"Good morning,

I have spoken with our Retail Operations Manager and at this time we don’t have any policies against this. We appreciate you taking the time to write in and ask and look forward to you shopping at our stores.

Sincerely,

Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx
    Administrative Assistant"
    Μολὼν λάβε
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’— Thomas Jefferson

Member of NRA, GOA, WCI

Too bad you don't have Kwik Trips in Madistan.

I noticed the other day that PDQ by MATC/Truax was posted...i WONT go there anymore...didnt get to often anyway, prefer to get my diesel elsewhere anyway...
    Last edited by GlockRDH; 11-12-2011 at 11:25 AM.

I live in Fitchburg but work up by East Towne Mall. The Citgo by the Perkins on Hayes Rd has no signs up either.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’— Thomas Jefferson

Member of NRA, GOA, WCI

Very cool...I used to work by easttown mall...!

oh..and its better to NOT ask , if theyre NOT posted...IMO. :-)

Fortunate for me there are Kwik Trips all around the suburbs of Madison. I can fill up near home in Verona and if I'm in the need near my office I can head to Sun Prairie a few minutes down the road. I try to give them all of my business since they have locations all over the place as I travel all over the state for work, they respect my rights, and they're overall just a good convenience store (probably snag a couple too many of their hot food items each week too - oops).

Quote Originally Posted by GlockRDH View Post
    oh..and its better to NOT ask , if theyre NOT posted...IMO. :-)
    I kind of think this case was a good time to ask ... Let competition rule ...

Now if Kelly's was thinking about posting they have a letter from a possible new customer ... one they can take away from the competition ... PDQ ... by not posting.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    Fortunate for me there are Kwik Trips all around the suburbs of Madison. I can fill up near home in Verona and if I'm in the need near my office I can head to Sun Prairie a few minutes down the road. I try to give them all of my business since they have locations all over the place as I travel all over the state for work, they respect my rights, and they're overall just a good convenience store (probably snag a couple too many of their hot food items each week too - oops).
    +1 about Kwik Trip. WI owned, didn't cave when the unions tried boycotting them, I have OC'ed many times there and have NEVER had issues.