Thread: Greetings and salutations.

Greetings and salutations.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I did not see a more appropriate place to post it, and I'm a resident here in Vancouver (ours, not theirs), so here I go.

I've read a thread here and there but have not really spent much time on the boards. The reason for that being that I don't personally open carry. Not out of any irrational fears over becoming a target or being worried about interactions with police, but just because I am shy and don't like to generate a lot of attention from strangers. None the less I fully support open carry and decided that even if its something I don't do myself, its high time I get more involved with supporting our rights as free men and women.

To that end I'll be visiting these forums and mostly staying quiet for a while while I soak in more information and become more educated on the topic. As I become more educated I'll likely be much more comfortable with actually open carrying.

Just wanted to say hello, and to thank everyone for being involved and committed to preserving and exercising our rights.

So, anything I should be particularly aware of in my city?

Oh Yea!!!

Welcome to the board.

your city has a bad reputation for open carriers.

find out about 7Owrolla (sp) and an otherguy I cant remember his name,,, Kirby (sp) something.
    get a recorder, they are cheap, run it anytime you are out in the world with a gun.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Do you concealed carry? If so, what?
    Welcome to the boards btw.

Welcome to the forum Kain.

Take a peruse through the Washington OC FAQ if you haven't already. Some very good information in there, and plenty of topic starters.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...out-Open-Carry

All you need to remember when you want to start posting is to put on your thick skin and ballistic helmet, take everything with a healthy grain of salt and be ready to plant your tongue in your cheek.

You do all that and remember to research your facts and you will get along fine.

Carry On!
    Last edited by FMCDH; 11-12-2011 at 05:56 PM.

You can borrow one of my suits:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1370575_firemanoutfit.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	7380  
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    You can borrow one of my suits:
    Pffft, that lack of protection is embarrassing.

You're going to need this instead.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Thanks for the warm reception, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Justman1020 View Post
    Do you concealed carry? If so, what?
    Welcome to the boards btw.
    I do indeed, have done so for the past six years. My primary carry is my XD9 Subcompact. I have a Kimber Custom II as well, but haven't picked up a good concealment holster for it yet so it only gets carried when the wardrobe for the day permits it. Also, I realized I lied slightly. I open carried for the first time last month. Carried my 1911 in a Safariland on my Emdom belt while I was hunting, both in the field and around the campground. Only time I took it off the entire time was when I was sleeping. Nobody said a word, including the campground manager. But...carrying in a campground used frequently by hunters and carrying in a Starbucks....not quite a leap I'm up to making yet!

Welcome to the community and thank you for supporting us! Its refreshing to hear from someone who may not open carry them themselves but still supports it. Don't worry about Starbucks they get use to you after a while
    Last edited by fire suppressor; 11-13-2011 at 02:36 AM.
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I did not see a more appropriate place to post it, and I'm a resident here in Vancouver (ours, not theirs), so here I go.

I've read a thread here and there but have not really spent much time on the boards. The reason for that being that I don't personally open carry. Not out of any irrational fears over becoming a target or being worried about interactions with police, but just because I am shy and don't like to generate a lot of attention from strangers. None the less I fully support open carry and decided that even if its something I don't do myself, its high time I get more involved with supporting our rights as free men and women.

To that end I'll be visiting these forums and mostly staying quiet for a while while I soak in more information and become more educated on the topic. As I become more educated I'll likely be much more comfortable with actually open carrying.

Just wanted to say hello, and to thank everyone for being involved and committed to preserving and exercising our rights.

So, anything I should be particularly aware of in my city?
    Welcome!
    I grew up in Vancouver and still have family there, so I visit at times. I suggest that before you OC in/around Vancouver that you read the boards and understand the law regarding the law. Especially 9.41 and your 4th Amendment/5th Amendment rights.

Yes, Vancouver has harassed 2 OCers in the last couple of years. Both by VPD. Although, I have had no issues while visiting in town. CCSO understands the law and I have seen no harassment from them. I personally know CCSO officers and they agree that their department understands OC is legal and that VPD is highly mistaken.
    Live Free or Die!

Welcome to the forum, Kain!

Lots to learn here, so keep an open mind and thick skin.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 11-13-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: edited to correct spelling
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Also a Vancouver guy1

Hey Kain,

I am also here in The Couv. I OC virtually everywhere. I do not in the movie theatres though. I have not had many negative encounters. There are several of us here and will meet up when someone wants to. Welcome to the boards.