• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MKEgal Is Free

TyGuy

Will paypal when I get home. I don't trust free wifi with my $$$$

Cobra469

Was glad to hear the news you were out. I think quite a few of us missed you at class Saturday. I must say though was great for you to show up and tell us about it. May you sue their pants off. Remember to stay strong. YOU did nothing wrong. You will prevail.

Grant Guess

Hoping to hear something very shortly from MKEGal as she was making an appearance in Rm 219 of the Safety Bldg at 08:30. Will advise. She may also be on Vicki's show sometime between 10AM-Noon :)

Grant Guess

OK, just spoke with MKEgal. The meeting this AM was in fact a discussion with the Milwaukee DA. MKEgal's attorney was present. The DA is "considering" the charge of Carrying a Concealed Weapon and they are as yet uncertain because there is confusion between the new law and the old law. The new law states that OC is legal, yet part of the old law can be construed as if the weapon is not plainly visible, that it "may" be cause for the CCW charge. So yes, this in fact may be a test case.

MKEgal's attorney has stated that her fees will be $2500 to handle the case.

MKEgal is on her way with a friend (from here I believe) to get her car out of impound and that is where her computer is. She is hoping to be online later today. She will be calling Vicki McKenna on the way to impound to arrange for an interview on her show at some point between 10:00-12:00. Stay tuned: http://www.iheart.com/#/live/4245/?autoplay=true

If that link doesn't work, use the streaming media player at this link: http://www.newstalk1130.com/main.html

Last edited:

Trip20

bmwguy11

Thanks for the links and info. Just heard Vicki McKenna mention the upcoming interview with Krysta.

Yep me too. I listen to vicki every day, and when I heard her mention the interview with Krysta I came here to verify I wasn't hearing things. :p

Outdoorsman1

OK, just spoke with MKEgal. The meeting this AM was in fact a discussion with the Milwaukee DA. MKEgal's attorney was present. The DA is "considering" the charge of Carrying a Concealed Weapon and they are as yet uncertain because there is confusion between the new law and the old law. The new law states that OC is legal, yet part of the old law can be construed as if the weapon is not plainly visible, that it "may" be cause for the CCW charge. So yes, this in fact may be a test case.
MKEgal's attorney has stated that her fees will be $2500 to handle the case.

MKEgal is on her way with a friend (from here I believe) to get her car out of impound and that is where her computer is. She is hoping to be online later today. She will be calling Vicki McKenna on the way to impound to arrange for an interview on her show at some point between 10:00-12:00. Stay tuned: http://www.iheart.com/#/live/4245/?autoplay=true

If that link doesn't work, use the streaming media player at this link: http://www.newstalk1130.com/main.html

This is exactly what I have been thinking ever since we first heard the news...

nuff said...

Outdoorsman1

Grant Guess

Vicki did a real nice job on the interview.

Imagine this scenario:

1) You are arrested for carrying a concealed weapon.
2) You are intentionally jacked around for over 36 hours.
3) You are finally released, but never formally charged with CCW.
4) You are told to appear at 08:30 with the DA.
5) The DA says "well, we are still thinking about charging you with CCW, but we won't know until we investigate the law thoroughly." In essence, they will charge her only if they feel they have a reasonable chance of winning. OR, they may charge her as further harassment because they know darned well that she has an ongoing lawsuit against the MPD. In other words "you mess with the fraternal order of the secret handshake and we will mess with you 10X as much".

Now imagine this...and take note! If this is in fact a test case, imagine the hunter going to or coming back from hunting. He has a LEGAL rifle that is LEGALLY uncased laying on the back seat. The LEO stops him for a tail light being out. He approaches the car, sees the rifle, orders the hunter out and to the ground, then arrests him for having a concealed weapon. He arrests him because he could not see the weapon below the level of the window.

This isn't just about OC folks, it is much broader than that. Suggest a donation of whatever you can afford to mkegal.legal@yahoo.com