• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Battlefield 2

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Is there anyone out there still playing battlefield 2? (yes, 2, not 3.)

A couple of friends and myself are looking to rent a dedicated server, but we need a few more people in our group before we do it. To rent one of these bad boys is 80 bucks a month! But with a few people it's really not too bad. Of course anyone jumping in on this would have administrator rights on the server.

We decided our server community will be midnight toast gaming.
midnightforums.jpg

http://s13.zetaboards.com/Midnight_Toast

So, any old school gamers who still play BF2 and never caught on to the CoD game play?

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Battlefield 2? LOLWUT? :D

Best game ever made. Since 2005 and still alive. Since most of the kiddies still playing ran off to CoD and BF3 it's mostly 'grown ups' who can appreciate a good game that are still around. (or at least from what I've seen recently)

Last edited:

HKcarrier

BF2?! I wish my machine could run that game... lol... I"m stuck on Counter-STrike 1.6 still... :D I actually could play BF2 if I did a reinstall of windows to clean everything up... but I can't afford to chip in sorry...

jag06

I still play BF2, just got my stars yesterday actually. I am in a clan now and not looking at joining another right now, sorry. Am up for a game anytime, just let me know.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I still play BF2, just got my stars yesterday actually. I am in a clan now and not looking at joining another right now, sorry. Am up for a game anytime, just let me know.

Well hey don't call us a 'clan.' We're just a small community (4-5 people) that plays together. Go hit us up on those forums, our ventrilo information is on there. Hop on ventrilo after 5ish centrial time and there's always a couple of us on. Us BF2 guys have to stick together with all these newer games coming out.