• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Creating a New Avenue for Open Carry!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
For the past several weeks, I have been rather annoyed about my job where carry is totally prohibited. They figure that you should just comply with somebody who robs you at gunpoint and try to be submissive and pray he doesn't pull the trigger. Not something I view with fond memories, having been robbed at gunpoint once already.

So what sort of job would you think terrific for an open carrier like... oh, I dunno... me perhaps?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Yeah, I can ride a horse, and I can be pretty tough when the need arises, and I enjoy excitement.
But trying to herd dudes around? I think I'd rather go on a turkey round-up and drive them gobblers to the railhead for shipment.
There'd be a great deal of similarity between being a turkey drover and herding pilgrims! LOL!

Tow truck driver might be interesting, but better still if working as a repo agent.
I've come up with a couple of my own, which include Process Server and Bounty Hunter.
In fact, I am looking into doing either or both of those.

I just know that my current job has gotten far too long in the tooth for me to keep doing it.
Something new, challenging and with a bit of excitement attached is what I'm hankering for now.
Any job one takes on will have a particle of risk attached to it, so I'm just changing to a different set of risk.
Process servers sometimes are set upon by the people they are trying to serve.
Bounty Hunters spend the vast majority of their time doing research or surveillance work. There is a particle of risk when making an arrest.
Otherwise, it can be a groovy job that can be stimulating. A level 3a vest can make it less risky.

Then again, I can chuck it all and go to California and become a pepper spray cop and simply run around blasting people with impunity!!!
That'd be tons of fun!!!!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin