Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Felt so good

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    22

    Felt so good

    Feels so good.
    I have to share this. I’ve haven’t been on this board for a long time.
    Being my neighbors are druggies, thieves, and are actually murderers is the only reason why I did this.
    Well OK, not “actually murderers” got reduced to manslaughter in some type of degree.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cop knocks on my door about 10:30 am.
    Cop- We’re following up on a robbery that happened yesterday, would you help us.
    Me—Come in, have a seat
    Cop—OH, this won’t take long do you know your neighbor’s name?
    Me—picking up computer and logging on
    Cop- (watching me like maybe I didn’t here him or not going to cooperate, then after about 30 seconds) says Sir all I need is your help; do you know your neighbor?
    Me- Just a second, almost logon on. Talking out loud to wife, Honey when was XXXX arrested the last time?
    Wife—about 2 months ago.
    Me—OK Mr. Policeman hang tight. I’m looking for him right now in your system.
    Cop—what you mean “My system?”
    Me—I’m on the JILS web page.
    Cop- You’re on what?
    Me—showing Cop computer screen as I type in my neighbor’s name. Entering search on neighbor’s name and his jail record appears.
    Cop- Smiles
    Me- printing page
    Cop—(as page prints with full booking record stuff) Smiles, I guess I came to the right place.
    Me- Here you go, that’s him. Anything else you like?
    Cop- That narrows it down just a bit. Thanks, wish we could get them all of them like this.

    Just had to share this. It made feel so good. OH what a feeling!!!!!

  2. #2
    Opt-Out Members BigDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yakima, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,463
    Good Job!
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Batousaii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Kitsap Co., Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,234
    Well done indeed. I hate career criminals.
    Last edited by Batousaii; 11-13-2011 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Speeling.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Smooth move there, jerk! Nice try, embedding your ebay stuff in your link in the post.

    Or are you going to claim that Shoplink just did it all by itself and you had no idea it was there?

    I hope you get the same treatment you claim to have given your neighbor.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Regular Member Badger Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,217
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Smooth move there, jerk! Nice try, embedding your ebay stuff in your link in the post.

    Or are you going to claim that Shoplink just did it all by itself and you had no idea it was there?

    I hope you get the same treatment you claim to have given your neighbor.
    Huh?
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

    Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life

  6. #6
    Regular Member DrakeZ07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Lexington, Ky
    Posts
    1,107
    the link is a auto feature, skims works in someones post and matches it with auction and search engines. increasing revenue to a forum, etc. hover your mouse over the link, it says "skimwords" look it up on google~

    Otherwise, good to hear and good job~ though would have been better to tell the cop to wait a moment and not invite him inside :P
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    though would have been better to tell the cop to wait a moment and not invite him inside :P
    +1, the cop can wait outside unless they have a search. Your just asking for him to come search the viewable section of your house for items stolen from this robbery.

    Perhaps you were a suspect for Some reason and by inviting him in you gave him the right to search. He may have snooped with his eyes when you weren't watching. Just saying...
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 11-13-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    ^agreed. Also, anyone else see the irony of the skim word link in Skidmark's post? lol

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran slapmonkay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,267
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    ^agreed. Also, anyone else see the irony of the skim word link in Skidmark's post? lol
    I did not notice, thanks for pointing it out. That is funny, lol.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

    It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

    I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    22
    “Smooth move there, jerk! Nice try, embedding your ebay stuff in your link in the post.

    Or are you going to claim that Shoplink just did it all by itself and you had no idea it was there?

    I hope you get the same treatment you claim to have given your neighbor.”
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Ya, I’m going to say I have no idea who that got there! I do go to ebay though. Trying to find a project RV to fix up. I am having some computer problems though. Last month spent close to $400 getting a new hard drive and the yearly maint a greementat Best Buy. We run Norton 360 and every 14th and 30th and we run entire back ups. How would you folks recommend checking for this “skim” word program? I don’t have any program named "skim" word.

    “Perhaps you were a suspect for Some reason and by inviting him in you gave him the right to search. He may have snooped with his eyes when you weren't watching. Just saying...”
    Whenever it comes too these neighbors, I don’t want them to hear what I say. Keeps them guessing as to what I know and don’t know. Every time the cops bang on our (door 4 times last year) about the neighbors I usually try to keep the cop inside as long as possible. The neighbors if watching are thinking I’m giving them all the latest on their deeds. And they are good neighbors for about a month or try to be the best they can.

    Sorry if I offended anybody with that "skim word" thing, and hope somebody can tell me how to get rid of it.
    Makes me feel like I have a social disease.........
    Pat

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Everett, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Bah, the skim link isn't from you or your computer. It is auto done by the forums and we have no control over it.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

  12. #12
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,991
    Yeah, I typed coffee maker on another thread and it "skimlinked".
    Yep, happened again!
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 11-15-2011 at 01:21 AM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  13. #13
    Regular Member MilProGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    1,228
    Hey Pat, no apology necessary, no offense on my part, anyway.

    In fact, I rather enjoyed reading your post and how you handled that situation sensibly and maturely.

    Good job!
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 11-14-2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

    Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired


  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lakewood, WA
    Posts
    1,001
    I would have responded "Sir, what's the neighbor's name?"

    *Cop states name*

    "OK sir, if you could give Google a minute... oh sure, this is what Google says, anything else, I'll have to consult a lawyer."
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

    Shooters before hooters.

  15. #15
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by joeroket View Post
    Bah, the skim link isn't from you or your computer. It is auto done by the forums and we have no control over it.
    Perhaps another "revenue enhancer" for the Forum?

    Just like the ads and banners I ignore.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    85

    Nothing wrong with doing the right thing!

    Question is, were you carrying openly when you invited the officer in?

    It is just me, but I carry once I am showered and dressed. It could have been a good conversation starter. Let the officer know what you were going to do before inviting him in. Make sure he sees your strong side so he can feel safe as well. This way he sees that law abiding citizens like us are always willing to help LEO's whenever we can. I know it is way after the fact but just some thoughts.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Question is, were you carrying openly when you invited the officer in?

    It is just me, but I carry once I am showered and dressed. It could have been a good conversation starter. Let the officer know what you were going to do before inviting him in. Make sure he sees your strong side so he can feel safe as well. This way he sees that law abiding citizens like us are always willing to help LEO's whenever we can. I know it is way after the fact but just some thoughts.
    No, I don't think I was OCing at the time, But would of been a chance to show LEO that OC are law abiding citzens, well atleast help clean up the scum out there anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •