• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Felt so good

pat

Feels so good.
I have to share this. I’ve haven’t been on this board for a long time.
Being my neighbors are druggies, thieves, and are actually murderers is the only reason why I did this.
Well OK, not “actually murderers” got reduced to manslaughter in some type of degree.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cop knocks on my door about 10:30 am.
Cop- We’re following up on a robbery that happened yesterday, would you help us.
Me—Come in, have a seat
Cop—OH, this won’t take long do you know your neighbor’s name?
Me—picking up computer and logging on
Cop- (watching me like maybe I didn’t here him or not going to cooperate, then after about 30 seconds) says Sir all I need is your help; do you know your neighbor?
Me- Just a second, almost logon on. Talking out loud to wife, Honey when was XXXX arrested the last time?
Wife—about 2 months ago.
Me—OK Mr. Policeman hang tight. I’m looking for him right now in your system.
Cop—what you mean “My system?”
Me—I’m on the JILS web page.
Cop- You’re on what?
Me—showing Cop computer screen as I type in my neighbor’s name. Entering search on neighbor’s name and his jail record appears.
Cop- Smiles
Me- printing page
Cop—(as page prints with full booking record stuff) Smiles, I guess I came to the right place.
Me- Here you go, that’s him. Anything else you like?
Cop- That narrows it down just a bit. Thanks, wish we could get them all of them like this.

Just had to share this. It made feel so good. OH what a feeling!!!!!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Smooth move there, jerk! Nice try, embedding your ebay stuff in your link in the post.

Or are you going to claim that Shoplink just did it all by itself and you had no idea it was there?

I hope you get the same treatment you claim to have given your neighbor.

Badger Johnson

Smooth move there, jerk! Nice try, embedding your ebay stuff in your link in the post.

Or are you going to claim that Shoplink just did it all by itself and you had no idea it was there?

I hope you get the same treatment you claim to have given your neighbor.

Huh?

DrakeZ07

the link is a auto feature, skims works in someones post and matches it with auction and search engines. increasing revenue to a forum, etc. hover your mouse over the link, it says "skimwords" look it up on google~

Otherwise, good to hear and good job~ though would have been better to tell the cop to wait a moment and not invite him inside :p

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
though would have been better to tell the cop to wait a moment and not invite him inside :p

+1, the cop can wait outside unless they have a search. Your just asking for him to come search the viewable section of your house for items stolen from this robbery.

Perhaps you were a suspect for Some reason and by inviting him in you gave him the right to search. He may have snooped with his eyes when you weren't watching. Just saying...

Last edited:

pat

“Smooth move there, jerk! Nice try, embedding your ebay stuff in your link in the post.

I hope you get the same treatment you claim to have given your neighbor.”
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ya, I’m going to say I have no idea who that got there! I do go to ebay though. Trying to find a project RV to fix up. I am having some computer problems though. Last month spent close to $400 getting a new hard drive and the yearly maint a greementat Best Buy. We run Norton 360 and every 14th and 30th and we run entire back ups. How would you folks recommend checking for this “skim” word program? I don’t have any program named "skim" word.

“Perhaps you were a suspect for Some reason and by inviting him in you gave him the right to search. He may have snooped with his eyes when you weren't watching. Just saying...”
Whenever it comes too these neighbors, I don’t want them to hear what I say. Keeps them guessing as to what I know and don’t know. Every time the cops bang on our (door 4 times last year) about the neighbors I usually try to keep the cop inside as long as possible. The neighbors if watching are thinking I’m giving them all the latest on their deeds. And they are good neighbors for about a month or try to be the best they can.

Sorry if I offended anybody with that "skim word" thing, and hope somebody can tell me how to get rid of it.
Makes me feel like I have a social disease.........
Pat

MilProGuy

Hey Pat, no apology necessary, no offense on my part, anyway.

In fact, I rather enjoyed reading your post and how you handled that situation sensibly and maturely.

Good job!:dude:

Last edited:

.45ACPaddy

I would have responded "Sir, what's the neighbor's name?"

*Cop states name*

"OK sir, if you could give Google a minute... oh sure, this is what Google says, anything else, I'll have to consult a lawyer."

The Patriot

Nothing wrong with doing the right thing!

Question is, were you carrying openly when you invited the officer in?

It is just me, but I carry once I am showered and dressed. It could have been a good conversation starter. Let the officer know what you were going to do before inviting him in. Make sure he sees your strong side so he can feel safe as well. This way he sees that law abiding citizens like us are always willing to help LEO's whenever we can. I know it is way after the fact but just some thoughts.

pat

Question is, were you carrying openly when you invited the officer in?

It is just me, but I carry once I am showered and dressed. It could have been a good conversation starter. Let the officer know what you were going to do before inviting him in. Make sure he sees your strong side so he can feel safe as well. This way he sees that law abiding citizens like us are always willing to help LEO's whenever we can. I know it is way after the fact but just some thoughts.

No, I don't think I was OCing at the time, But would of been a chance to show LEO that OC are law abiding citzens, well atleast help clean up the scum out there anyway.