• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pizza hut asked to leave then invited back

timf343

Campaign Veteran
As a business owner myself I would not have a problem with it but if something did happen a ton of litigation would commence even with liability insurance. Then my rates would go up a lot.

IIRC, the Arizona folks tried to pass a law a few sessions ago where if an employer policy prohibited the lawful carrying of a firearm, they would be civilly responsible for any crime that occurred against those employees on company property. In other words, someone comes in shooting, and I can't defend myself because I didn't want to get fired, I can sue the company. It never went anywhere, but it's an interesting proposition.

Last edited:

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
Good that she had the guts to come out and apologize for her error, which does show a little bit of managment ability, but at the same token I doubt she came to it on her own.

It doesn't matter HOW she came to it, only that she did, and how she handled it.

Think about it. She went out to the parking lot to tell him that she had been wrong. She could have just let him drive away -- I'm sure the loss of a $10 pizza sale wasn't going to drive them out of business -- but instead she chose to embarrass herself rather than let a customer go away angry.

jdholmes

Exactly my point...it's good that she did. I was just sharing my thoughts on how she came to it...not meaning anything good or bad by it.

ManInBlack

Not necessarily. She could choose to do that, but it isn't logical to assume that she would do that.

Yes...because clearly, it's more logical to assume that she would call her corporate office to check the legality of an action, rather than law enforcement...

:rolleyes:

wrightme

Yes...because clearly, it's more logical to assume that she would call her corporate office to check the legality of an action, rather than law enforcement...

:rolleyes:

No, simply because it is not logically possible to say that SHE would do one over the other, unless someone KNOWS how she thinks.

Last edited: