• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCU - No Guns? NO FUNDS! Operation Campus Safety Protest 12/1/11 @11:30 AM

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Facebook Link: http://vcdl.us/vcu

Operation Campus Safety will come to the Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond on Thursday, December 1st!

The protest will run from 11:30 AM to 2:00 PM at the VCU Commons Plaza.

VCU Students for Concealed Carry on Campus is sponsoring VCDL for this event. Thanks to John Allen, who is SCCC's President, for making the arrangement, including lining up the PA system.

More details will be forthcoming as the date draws nearer.

Thundar

Occupy Richmond + VCDL Campus Protest

It looks like the street address is 907 Floyd Ave, Richmond, VA.

http://www.maps.vcu.edu/pdfs/campus_map.pdf

Number 108 on the list for the Monroe Park campus. Grid E-10.

This is great! Occupy Richmond is not far away. Maybe the occupy people will come.

What happens when Occupy Richmond shows up? Me thinks Richmond PD will be far less likely to assault citizens that are better armed than they are!

SirTiger

VT has already been covered regarding carry. But what about VCUs quad I rarely travel into that hot mess. Ill see you all there!

Also, anyone going to VCU leave some extra time to find parking, it's crazy down there.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
This is great! Occupy Richmond is not far away. Maybe the occupy people will come.

What happens when Occupy Richmond shows up? Me thinks Richmond PD will be far less likely to assault citizens that are better armed than they are!

They're all the way on the Southside now Thundar...camped out next door to the Mayors house:lol:

driveramsII

Good luck gentlemen... I hope there is a huge turnout. Be warned that the head honcho (Tim Reed) at the commons and the cronies that work under him are quite a... hemorrhoid and are not likely to be real empathetic to the cause. I just recently graduated from VCU in spring 2010 and happened to be a student manager of that particular "student commons" building. You will be in a perfect spot on the plaza. It is right in the middle of the academic campus and you will definitely be there for a couple of class change-overs. You should easily have 2k people walk by between 1150-1230 as that is a major class change time. I wish I could be there but unfortunately the army has brought me to Oklahoma about a year ago.

Again, good luck and if anyone plans on taking pictures I would love to see them

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
[video=vimeo;32734391]http://vimeo.com/32734391[/video]

Indeed this is the message that IMHO needs to be repeated and repeated. No more wishful thinking, no more lies, no more head in the sand. No more victims waiting for a place to happen.

Allow those good citizens to make good choices. They are after all our future.

Nice job Peter - one of your best.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
[video=vimeo;32734391]http://vimeo.com/32734391[/video]

Agree Peter - no more lies, no more heads in the sand, no more preventing good people from making good choices. No more victims waiting for a place to happen.

These people are, after all is said, our future.

Good job - one of your best!

driveramsII

BTW, I just looked at the Commons event calendar online and it doesn't show any kind of event on the plaza at 1130. Just saying yall might want to check into that. I can say from experience that if there is not a scheduled event on the books, the managers will be out to run you off... just saying. Again, I speak from experience, I worked there for 3+ years, 1 of which I was a manager. Even if they do ask you to leave, go across the little brick paver "road" and they can't say anything.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
BTW, I just looked at the Commons event calendar online and it doesn't show any kind of event on the plaza at 1130. Just saying yall might want to check into that. I can say from experience that if there is not a scheduled event on the books, the managers will be out to run you off... just saying. Again, I speak from experience, I worked there for 3+ years, 1 of which I was a manager. Even if they do ask you to leave, go across the little brick paver "road" and they can't say anything.

Do you have a link to the event calender?

Never mind, I found it.
http://events.vcu.edu/default.asp?theDate=December/1/2011