Thread: New guy in southeast GA

New guy in southeast GA

Hello,

I have just moved to Kingsland/Saint Marys GA. I am looking for a review on the open carry situation in Camden county and the surrounding area.

Thanks for any help,

Double_J

Welcome to the forum from Mississippi.
    Last edited by MilProGuy; 11-28-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: corrected error
    Proud Veteran ~ U.S. Army / Army Reserve

Mississippi State Guard ~ Honorably Retired

Welcome. Nothing specific for you in the southern part of the state but all of GA (except a couple places around metro Atlanta) seem OC neutral.

in glynn county youll be treated like this at a traffic stop if you get this officer....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1rMA-K5WU

are you military?

What was the outcome of this??? I watched what I believe was all 5 or 6 parts and looked at the comments, but saw no indication this was resolved...

Fabricator

No, I am not military. I am a civilian contractor working on a Navy base here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabricator View Post
    What was the outcome of this??? I watched what I believe was all 5 or 6 parts and looked at the comments, but saw no indication this was resolved...

Fabricator

its not resolved...

First, welcome to Camden County. I live in St. Marys myself. OC is not a big deal here. I haven't had any bad experiences as of yet..... I almost always OC and occassionally CC....
    Later on,

where in St. Marys? Also would a meet up be out of the question? I am trying to find a few friendly faces in the area, outside of coworkers. I will be free in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Double_J View Post
    where in St. Marys? Also would a meet up be out of the question? I am trying to find a few friendly faces in the area, outside of coworkers. I will be free in January.
    Yeah I would be more than willing to meet you......... Shoot me a pm when ever you would like.... We figure something out..... Also have you visited Oakwell Armory???????
    Later on,
    Skip D

I'm in the Kingsland area as well. Military. The only issue I have had here was Kickin' Kountry Boots. The lady that runs the place OC's, but doesn't want anyone else carrying in her store....firearms or knives. She is very mis-informed about some of the laws. Its her store and her choice, so I just choose to shop elsewhere. No other issues, from any LEO's or the public. Welcome to Camden County.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroLts5150 View Post
    I'm in the Kingsland area as well. Military.

you know being a member of the military means off limits govt building,church,bar(you dont need permission like a regular GWCL holder),etc etc place dont apply to you right?? under OCGA 16-11-130.3 the womans place id jsut not go as you dont go there now...if she doesnt allow carry ill make sure not to patronize her business too

Also,,,,,, T & C Pawn asks you to "unload" prior to entry. I used to just CC when I went there.... Now I don't go at all... I recommend for your gun needs go to Oakwell Armory or Shooters. Both are supportive of 2nd amendment rights and therefore are deserving of our business.

Quote Originally Posted by Double_J View Post
    Hello,

I have just moved to Kingsland/Saint Marys GA. I am looking for a review on the open carry situation in Camden county and the surrounding area.

Thanks for any help,

Double_J
    Have you joined GCO yet? www.georgiacarry.org
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Skip D View Post
    Also,,,,,, T & C Pawn asks you to "unload" prior to entry. I used to just CC when I went there.... Now I don't go at all... I recommend for your gun needs go to Oakwell Armory or Shooters. Both are supportive of 2nd amendment rights and therefore are deserving of our business.
    I saw this at TC the other day as well. Didn't even walk in, there are plenty of places to conduct business elsewhere.