• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy in southeast GA

Double_J

Hello,

I have just moved to Kingsland/Saint Marys GA. I am looking for a review on the open carry situation in Camden county and the surrounding area.

Thanks for any help,

Double_J

Kingfish

Welcome. Nothing specific for you in the southern part of the state but all of GA (except a couple places around metro Atlanta) seem OC neutral.

Fabricator

What was the outcome of this??? I watched what I believe was all 5 or 6 parts and looked at the comments, but saw no indication this was resolved...

Fabricator

Skip D

First, welcome to Camden County. I live in St. Marys myself. OC is not a big deal here. I haven't had any bad experiences as of yet..... I almost always OC and occassionally CC....
Later on,

Skip D

where in St. Marys? Also would a meet up be out of the question? I am trying to find a few friendly faces in the area, outside of coworkers. I will be free in January.

Yeah I would be more than willing to meet you......... Shoot me a pm when ever you would like.... We figure something out..... Also have you visited Oakwell Armory???????
Later on,
Skip D

MarlboroLts5150

I'm in the Kingsland area as well. Military. The only issue I have had here was Kickin' Kountry Boots. The lady that runs the place OC's, but doesn't want anyone else carrying in her store....firearms or knives. She is very mis-informed about some of the laws. Its her store and her choice, so I just choose to shop elsewhere. No other issues, from any LEO's or the public. Welcome to Camden County. :D

rmodel65

I'm in the Kingsland area as well. Military.

you know being a member of the military means off limits govt building,church,bar(you dont need permission like a regular GWCL holder),etc etc place dont apply to you right?? under OCGA 16-11-130.3 the womans place id jsut not go as you dont go there now...if she doesnt allow carry ill make sure not to patronize her business too

Skip D

Also,,,,,, T & C Pawn asks you to "unload" prior to entry. I used to just CC when I went there.... Now I don't go at all... I recommend for your gun needs go to Oakwell Armory or Shooters. Both are supportive of 2nd amendment rights and therefore are deserving of our business.

Ruta #12

Also,,,,,, T & C Pawn asks you to "unload" prior to entry. I used to just CC when I went there.... Now I don't go at all... I recommend for your gun needs go to Oakwell Armory or Shooters. Both are supportive of 2nd amendment rights and therefore are deserving of our business.

I saw this at TC the other day as well. Didn't even walk in, there are plenty of places to conduct business elsewhere.