Thread: Any way to see if doj recieved my app.

Any way to see if doj recieved my app.

Is there anyone out there that knows if I can check to see if the doj recieved my app for cc? sent it out 11/1/11 and still nothing, the check hasnt even been cashed yet.

Campaign Veteran
    All you can do is wait and keep an eye on your checking account. They received 20k apps on the 2nd, and I'm sure they've received more since then. Waiting sucks. They cashed my check last week and I even checked the mail today.
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner05 View Post
    Is there anyone out there that knows if I can check to see if the doj recieved my app for cc? sent it out 11/1/11 and still nothing, the check hasnt even been cashed yet.
    There is not. They indicated such in one of their FAQs

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner05 View Post
    Wow, that is amazing! What did you submit for training?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

They aren't even halfway through the apps they received on November 2nd, so it's not time to panic just yet.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Is there anywhere that is tracking the numbers? (received, issued, denied, returned, ...)

Mine also went out on the first from within Madison. I had planned on waiting the 45 days but after hearing of people getting them on the 2nd already I thought maybe mine would be processed quickly. I don't like waiting.

Herr Heckler Koch

Wisconsin Statutes Subsection 175.60(12)(c)

(c) Notwithstanding s. 19.35, the department of justice, the department of transportation, or any employee of either department may not make information obtained under this section available to the public except in the context of a prosecution for an offense in which the personís status as a licensee or holder of a certification card is relevant or through a report created under sub. (19).

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Just dumb luck I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon .45 View Post
    Is there anywhere that is tracking the numbers? (received, issued, denied, returned, ...)

Mine also went out on the first from within Madison. I had planned on waiting the 45 days but after hearing of people getting them on the 2nd already I thought maybe mine would be processed quickly. I don't like waiting.
    Somebody correct me, but the highest number reported on the forum so far that I remember was in the 4000's. But unless the DOJ is keeping applications separated into groups according to day received, it's a crap shoot as to when you might get yours. I mailed mine on the 1st from a very rural location, was processed on the 5th, mailed on the 7th, and received on the 9th. Just dumb luck I guess....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

We sent our apps on the 1st, but our mail man comes very late in the day, so it prob didn't move til the next day. My check was cashed thurs or fri. hoping to get the permit today or tom.

I just got mine on Thursday and I turned it in to po box 7130 BEFORE they picked up the mail on the first. The Post Office has had a holiday and a Saturday since then.. I'm guessing the Capitol mail room got 25 to 50 trays of mail in the first couple days and each person doing background checks works out of a two foot tray of mail that isn't sorted in the order it was received. Grab the top tray and work until it's finished. If you mailed yours on the first, I'm guessing this week or next to receive yours. Much better than 45 days.
    Not to rub it in, but it's nice to have it.
    I've got a name to live up to, and it's Filthy. Filthy Harry SASS 24924

Mailed mine on the 1st, with Utah and Minnesota permit copies. I also sent the affirmation form with it. They have not cashed the check yet, starting to get nervous, but hey, they have 45 days to torture me! I'm getting really sick of rushing to the mail box every day.

I feel your pain Gunner. I mailed mine in on the first and still nothing. My dad sent his in on the second and got it back yesterday, he forgot to change his address with the DMV so now he has to resubmit. Im sitting here with my glock 36 in a crossbreed holster, gotta take it off so I can go help my neighbor with his deer stand.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
    Thomas Jefferson

My check cleared on 11/10/11 USMC Birthday, Oorah! Hope it comes soon
    When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    My check cleared my bank today, but the date stamp on the back shows it was processed on the tenth. Still no license???

ETA: My online ledger at the CU allows me to categorize payments. I put this one under 'taxes'.
    Last edited by Brendon .45; 11-15-2011 at 09:16 PM.