• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any way to see if doj recieved my app.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
All you can do is wait and keep an eye on your checking account. They received 20k apps on the 2nd, and I'm sure they've received more since then. Waiting sucks. They cashed my check last week and I even checked the mail today.

bmwguy11

They aren't even halfway through the apps they received on November 2nd, so it's not time to panic just yet. :p

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Is there anywhere that is tracking the numbers? (received, issued, denied, returned, ...)

Mine also went out on the first from within Madison. I had planned on waiting the 45 days but after hearing of people getting them on the 2nd already I thought maybe mine would be processed quickly. I don't like waiting.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Wisconsin Statutes Subsection 175.60(12)(c)

(c) Notwithstanding s. 19.35, the department of justice, the department of transportation, or any employee of either department may not make information obtained under this section available to the public except in the context of a prosecution for an offense in which the person’s status as a licensee or holder of a certification card is relevant or through a report created under sub. (19).

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Just dumb luck I guess....

Is there anywhere that is tracking the numbers? (received, issued, denied, returned, ...)

Mine also went out on the first from within Madison. I had planned on waiting the 45 days but after hearing of people getting them on the 2nd already I thought maybe mine would be processed quickly. I don't like waiting.
Somebody correct me, but the highest number reported on the forum so far that I remember was in the 4000's. But unless the DOJ is keeping applications separated into groups according to day received, it's a crap shoot as to when you might get yours. I mailed mine on the 1st from a very rural location, was processed on the 5th, mailed on the 7th, and received on the 9th. Just dumb luck I guess.... :monkey

filhar1

I just got mine on Thursday and I turned it in to po box 7130 BEFORE they picked up the mail on the first. The Post Office has had a holiday and a Saturday since then.. I'm guessing the Capitol mail room got 25 to 50 trays of mail in the first couple days and each person doing background checks works out of a two foot tray of mail that isn't sorted in the order it was received. Grab the top tray and work until it's finished. If you mailed yours on the first, I'm guessing this week or next to receive yours. Much better than 45 days.
Not to rub it in, but it's nice to have it.

metalman383

Mailed mine on the 1st, with Utah and Minnesota permit copies. I also sent the affirmation form with it. They have not cashed the check yet, starting to get nervous, but hey, they have 45 days to torture me! I'm getting really sick of rushing to the mail box every day.

Carcharodon

I feel your pain Gunner. I mailed mine in on the first and still nothing. My dad sent his in on the second and got it back yesterday, he forgot to change his address with the DMV so now he has to resubmit. Im sitting here with my glock 36 in a crossbreed holster, gotta take it off so I can go help my neighbor with his deer stand.

Zeus

My check cleared on 11/10/11 USMC Birthday, Oorah! Hope it comes soon :)