Thread: anyone ever seen this?

anyone ever seen this?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=307416172604233

It's a free "living for 32" docudrama showing, apparently WAVE is pushing this event in milwaukee. I guess it's supposedly about how you can go to a gun show with cash and buy any gun you want without an ID or background check or anything. (except for the fact that they were supposed to ask him for ID according to the video, but somehow they think more laws making it "more" illegal will somehow stop it?) I do however, find it ironic that this guy, who is a living example of why people should be allowed to CCW, is instead championing the call for "more regulations", which do nothing since criminals don't care about regulations and can get weapons regardless. Not to mention countries that have far stricter controls and less guns available have higher crime rates per capita than the US. (cite: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...-total-victims cite: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita cite: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ssault-victims)

So is this film just a bunch of propaganda or what? I've never actually been to a gun show, but coming from WAVE and the brady campaign, I already know it must be rife with spin and lies.
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-13-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Herr Heckler Koch

Wisconsin does not enjoy the gun show loophole?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwguy11 View Post
    I guess it's supposedly about how you can go to a gun show with cash and buy any gun you want without an ID or background check or anything. (except for the fact that's a crime and illegal, but somehow they think more laws making it "more" illegal will somehow stop it?)
    I was under the impression that Wisconsin benefitted from the gun show loophole? Will you cite the statute requiring ID and background check for private fact-to-face transactions at a gun show, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    I was under the impression that Wisconsin benefitted from the gun show loophole? Will you cite the statute requiring ID and background check for private fact-to-face transactions at a gun show, or not?
    Pardon let me rephrase that. I was referring to the places he went to in his video that were supposed to check ID (according to the video).
    Last edited by bmwguy11; 11-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.

I guess it's supposedly about how you can go to a gun show with cash and buy any gun you want without an ID or background check or anything. (except for the fact that's a crime and illegal, but somehow they think more laws making it "more" illegal will somehow stop it?)
    Absolutely incorrect. It most certainly is not a crime to buy a firearm from a private seller with cash and without a background check or ID. Nor should it be a crime. It is not a crime in Wisconsin and most other states. Here is a map showing where.

Only when the seller is a federally licensed firearms dealer are ID/Background checks/Waiting periods required. This is a little bit of a murky area, but one can sell a couple of guns a month without having to obtain an FFL. How many guns one can sell without a license depends on who the BATF head agent is in your area and the kind of bug he has up his hoo-hoo.

The thing is, most sellers at gun shows have FFL's and the "gun show" loophole thing is almost pure Barbara Streisand.

Curious. Part of me wants to go see the cinematic fecal show. The other part of me doesn't want to be dragged by the rest of me out to UWM while I'm on vacation...
    Last edited by Resdon111; 11-13-2011 at 09:03 PM.
    If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State - Theodore Roosevelt

Civilian Sheepdog
    Wisconsin Carry Member