Thread: Extending The Sheepdog Allegory

Extending The Sheepdog Allegory

http://www.practicaltacticaltraining...-of-sheepdogs/

I read up on sheepdogs (real sheepdogs that guard real sheep) and found some information that really fits the concealed carrier. I'd like to get your thoughts on my thoughts.

I'm a Badger.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

I'm a Monkey :

Sheepdogs are stupid and old news that have been extended too much.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    I'm a Badger.
    A honey badger? Cuz those are Badass!

I read up on sheepdogs (real sheepdogs that guard real sheep) and found some information that really fits the concealed carrier. I'd like to get your thoughts on my thoughts.
    My views don't mesh with this whole "sheepdog philosophy". I don't carry to protect the masses. I carry to protect me and mine. There is no way that I could liken my wife to a sheep and I am not teaching my children to be sheep or lemmings or any other mindless herd type. So there is no way the sheepdog description could fit.

With regards to those who carry concealed and feel that they are sheepdogs, I just don't see it. Sheepdogs don't hide among the flock waiting to jump out and surprise a pack of wolves. They make themselves seen so that the wolves steer clear of the flock in the first place. Sounds more like an argument for open carry to me.