Thread: Gunshow at RIR

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Gunshow at RIR

Not a bad show depending on what you're looking for. One of my favorite vendors had a great price on hard body armor..(As if I needed hard body armor) but I did buy one of the carrier vests made for photographers. Well made and plenty of room without the plates

A few other odds and ends but I am delighted to see VCDL members coming to their senses. Now Philip and yet another member have moved UP to revolvers...,357 but still a revolver.
    Now if I can just make them understand that the 44 Magnum is the perfect caliber.

The Rhinos are ugly and might be chipped, but still light years ahead of a Glock.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Peter Nap carries enough recording equipment in his vest to equal or surpass ceramic plates.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    the rhinos are ugly and might be chipped, but still light years ahead of a Glock.
    Ouch!
    Last edited by ProShooter; 11-14-2011 at 09:13 AM.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Had an entertaining chat with skidmark during his Sunday shift. Logan says thanks for the stickers you sent him, I'll try and keep one hidden from him until next time he comes to breakfast so he can wear it then.

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    Had an entertaining chat with skidmark during his Sunday shift. Logan says thanks for the stickers you sent him, I'll try and keep one hidden from him until next time he comes to breakfast so he can wear it then.
    Some of us are known to carry GSL stickers, VCDL applications, OC and general firearms laws cards and a spare bandaid or two with us at all times. No aspirin, for if you get a headache you deserved it.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Some of us are known to carry GSL stickers, VCDL applications, OC and general firearms laws cards and a spare bandaid or two with us at all times. No aspirin, for if you get a headache you deserved it.

stay safe.
    Have a supply of all of the above in my truck at all times, except for aspirin. Will ibuprofen do?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

+100 on Peter Nap's comment (not too sorry , Jim)...,

and scouser, I loved seeing Logan at breakfast a few weeks ago, I hope it isn't long before his bedtime is moved back so that you can both attend some of the great dinners we have, like the one at Bennie's last week. My daughter could have played with him, she loves little kids, my son does great impressions of cartoon characters too, and between the two of them , I'm sure the time would have flown. It already goes by too quickly as it is though, for me that is.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal , but we must be relentless.

I always had some Ibuprofen with me (and MUCH better stuff but THAT I didn't share!). I also carried snacks and Diet Dr Pepper I would share (I'm a type II diabetic among a ton of other health issues).
    Last edited by HeroHog; 11-15-2011 at 02:38 PM.
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

I was there on Saturday.
    Renewed my VCDL membership and bought supporting items but forgot most of them at the table, so it just ended up being a donation to VCDL.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin