Thread: 2nd Amendment FACT sheet for Facebook!!

Thumbs up 2nd Amendment FACT sheet for Facebook!!

I made this fact sheet for all to see on facebook and I'd like to share it with you.. People need to be informed with the truth about guns.. Please tag yourself and send it to both pro gun and non informed people.. I would like this to go viral.. Thanks for the support.. It took me a great deal of time to make this so please share it with friends and family.. Lets change peoples perception on guns..

Thanks for the support and God Bless..

TMIB

http://www.facebook.com/notes/maty-s...t=note_comment

Not to be overly critical but I would not feel comfortable sharing that on my Facebook page until the numerous spelling and grammatical errors were fixed.

I don't have a Facebook, but feel free to PM me the list as you have it currently. I would be happy to correct the spelling and grammar mistakes. I have done this for several other forum members as well.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 11-14-2011 at 09:03 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Interesting!

M.I.B.- Is there any way to veiw your work without logging on to FaceBook?

I do NOT feel comfortable becoming a member of that particular social network site.
    Exodus 21:12-14

Click here for some Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by SourKraut View Post
    M.I.B.- Is there any way to veiw your work without logging on to FaceBook?

I do NOT feel comfortable becoming a member of that particular social network site.

Are most of us this way? I don't want a facebook either. But I would be interested in reading this....

Also a lot of the "info" has nothing to back it up.

snip: "Guns are used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year—or about 6,850 times a day20. This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.21" One example.

I'm not saying people don't use guns for self defense, but 2.5 million per year sounds way over the top.

To hard to read through.
    Last edited by golddigger14s; 11-15-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    TL; DNR completely.
    The "NOT OPINIONS" says "here are opinions, but I'm claiming they aren't."
    The piece is worded in a biased manner, negating any ground you'd have gained with a pure-fact piece.
    The grammatical errors and spelling errors turned me off completely.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    SNIP I'm not saying people don't use guns for self defense, but 2.5 million per year sounds way over the top.
    I believe the 2.5 million number comes from this somewhat old article/study.

http://www.vcdl.org/new/kleck.htm

M.I.B.- My offer to help with the spelling and grammar still stands. PM me if you want my help.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I can guarantee you that it's not going viral. Nobody is interested in reading that long of a treatise of gathered facts regardless of whether they're true or not.

I agree, it's too long and the grammatical errors are a bit annoying, personally. How's this for viral material?

Doctors: The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services.

(Now think about this)

Guns: The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80 million. The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .000188. Statistics courtesy of FBI.

So, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners. Remember, 'Guns don't kill people, doctors do.'

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT almost everyone has at least one doctor.
    This means you are over 900 times more likely to be killed by a doctor as a gun owner!!!
    Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets completely out of hand!!!!!

nice copy pasta there