Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: No more fair grounds shows!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    115

    No more fair grounds shows!

    So seeing in the news that Rock county is posting basically every place that they can including all the fair grounds buildings (including bathrooms!), but is making one small exception for the building that gun shows are in with a sign that only says "no CONCEALED carry". My feeling is that I will no longer be going to or giving money to shows at grounds that are posted. If they don't want us there then why the hell give money to them for shows? Take the shows to venues that support our carry rights, and not just for the day of the show or whatever. I know the county doesn't make a ton of money off the renting the buildings out, but it's got be significant based on the amount of gun shows and auctions I've been to there.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Janesville wi
    Posts
    24
    Unless a person has animals to show the rock county fair is a waste of time anyways. Except when charlie daniels was there.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter View Post
    Unless a person has animals to show the rock county fair is a waste of time anyways. Except when charlie daniels was there.
    Charlie Daniels is the friggen man!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  4. #4
    Regular Member AaronS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by kawisixer01 View Post
    So seeing in the news that Rock county is posting basically every place that they can including all the fair grounds buildings (including bathrooms!), but is making one small exception for the building that gun shows are in with a sign that only says "no CONCEALED carry". My feeling is that I will no longer be going to or giving money to shows at grounds that are posted. If they don't want us there then why the hell give money to them for shows? Take the shows to venues that support our carry rights, and not just for the day of the show or whatever. I know the county doesn't make a ton of money off the renting the buildings out, but it's got be significant based on the amount of gun shows and auctions I've been to there.
    I do agree with you 100%. If I have no rights, the place will get no money.

    On a side note. If the place posts a "No Concealed Carry", I would have to guess Open Carry is fine.

    If we stick to our guns, I bet we see a lot less signs in a year or so. After all, money talks, and BS goes out of business.

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    West Bend, WI
    Posts
    308
    Most of the guns shows around don't allow carry of any kind, period. They check weapons at the door, zip tie actions closed, and generally stomp on your right to carry anyways.

    The last few I've been to didn't have anything along the lines of a deal anywhere. I generally don't waste my time going to these anymore anyways
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

    Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

  6. #6
    Regular Member RR_Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter View Post
    Unless a person has animals to show the rock county fair is a waste of time anyways. Except when charlie daniels was there.
    I have the feeling Charlie Daniels would decline to play at a place posted like that.

    There will be a time while all the signs are up. I expect the same thing to happen here as every other state that has sign rules, people chill out about it and the signs come down over time. A few places where corporate policy dictates will keep them but most won't.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

  7. #7
    Regular Member DangerClose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The mean streets of WI
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    If we stick to our guns, I bet we see a lot less signs in a year or so. After all, money talks, and BS goes out of business.
    I agree... everyone here on opencarry.org needs to "stick to their guns."

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran GLOCK21GB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    4,348
    county fairs are just a waste of time & money....... over priced EVERYTHING....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

    Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •