Thread: No more fair grounds shows!

No more fair grounds shows!

So seeing in the news that Rock county is posting basically every place that they can including all the fair grounds buildings (including bathrooms!), but is making one small exception for the building that gun shows are in with a sign that only says "no CONCEALED carry". My feeling is that I will no longer be going to or giving money to shows at grounds that are posted. If they don't want us there then why the hell give money to them for shows? Take the shows to venues that support our carry rights, and not just for the day of the show or whatever. I know the county doesn't make a ton of money off the renting the buildings out, but it's got be significant based on the amount of gun shows and auctions I've been to there.

Unless a person has animals to show the rock county fair is a waste of time anyways. Except when charlie daniels was there.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter View Post
    Unless a person has animals to show the rock county fair is a waste of time anyways. Except when charlie daniels was there.
    Charlie Daniels is the friggen man!
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by kawisixer01 View Post
    So seeing in the news that Rock county is posting basically every place that they can including all the fair grounds buildings (including bathrooms!), but is making one small exception for the building that gun shows are in with a sign that only says "no CONCEALED carry". My feeling is that I will no longer be going to or giving money to shows at grounds that are posted. If they don't want us there then why the hell give money to them for shows? Take the shows to venues that support our carry rights, and not just for the day of the show or whatever. I know the county doesn't make a ton of money off the renting the buildings out, but it's got be significant based on the amount of gun shows and auctions I've been to there.
    I do agree with you 100%. If I have no rights, the place will get no money.

On a side note. If the place posts a "No Concealed Carry", I would have to guess Open Carry is fine.

If we stick to our guns, I bet we see a lot less signs in a year or so. After all, money talks, and BS goes out of business.

Campaign Veteran
    Most of the guns shows around don't allow carry of any kind, period. They check weapons at the door, zip tie actions closed, and generally stomp on your right to carry anyways.

The last few I've been to didn't have anything along the lines of a deal anywhere. I generally don't waste my time going to these anymore anyways
    You can speak softy and carry a big stick, but I'll stick to my guns.

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://ww.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Quote Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter View Post
    I have the feeling Charlie Daniels would decline to play at a place posted like that.

There will be a time while all the signs are up. I expect the same thing to happen here as every other state that has sign rules, people chill out about it and the signs come down over time. A few places where corporate policy dictates will keep them but most won't.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by AaronS View Post
    If we stick to our guns, I bet we see a lot less signs in a year or so. After all, money talks, and BS goes out of business.
    I agree... everyone here on opencarry.org needs to "stick to their guns."

county fairs are just a waste of time & money....... over priced EVERYTHING....
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???