• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No more fair grounds shows!

kawisixer01

So seeing in the news that Rock county is posting basically every place that they can including all the fair grounds buildings (including bathrooms!), but is making one small exception for the building that gun shows are in with a sign that only says "no CONCEALED carry". My feeling is that I will no longer be going to or giving money to shows at grounds that are posted. If they don't want us there then why the hell give money to them for shows? Take the shows to venues that support our carry rights, and not just for the day of the show or whatever. I know the county doesn't make a ton of money off the renting the buildings out, but it's got be significant based on the amount of gun shows and auctions I've been to there.

AaronS

So seeing in the news that Rock county is posting basically every place that they can including all the fair grounds buildings (including bathrooms!), but is making one small exception for the building that gun shows are in with a sign that only says "no CONCEALED carry". My feeling is that I will no longer be going to or giving money to shows at grounds that are posted. If they don't want us there then why the hell give money to them for shows? Take the shows to venues that support our carry rights, and not just for the day of the show or whatever. I know the county doesn't make a ton of money off the renting the buildings out, but it's got be significant based on the amount of gun shows and auctions I've been to there.

I do agree with you 100%. If I have no rights, the place will get no money.

On a side note. If the place posts a "No Concealed Carry", I would have to guess Open Carry is fine.

If we stick to our guns, I bet we see a lot less signs in a year or so. After all, money talks, and BS goes out of business.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Most of the guns shows around don't allow carry of any kind, period. They check weapons at the door, zip tie actions closed, and generally stomp on your right to carry anyways.

The last few I've been to didn't have anything along the lines of a deal anywhere. I generally don't waste my time going to these anymore anyways

RR_Broccoli

Unless a person has animals to show the rock county fair is a waste of time anyways. Except when charlie daniels was there.

I have the feeling Charlie Daniels would decline to play at a place posted like that. ;)

There will be a time while all the signs are up. I expect the same thing to happen here as every other state that has sign rules, people chill out about it and the signs come down over time. A few places where corporate policy dictates will keep them but most won't.