• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

He who has the most permits wins...

svelectric

Just kidding about the title, but I'm curious, which permit combinations are most popular. I went a little overboard and have 6 now. Each one adds at least one state to my list, I know I could get more but they would be completely redundant. The only other one I can remember being an option is CT that might add another state to the 39 I'm already OK in.

WI, UT, FL, AZ, ME, NH

I believe WI, UT, and FL might be the best bang for buck for getting the most number of states, but what say you?

svelectric

True enough, most of them I got 2 yrs ago or so, so wasn't aware of the national bill at that time. Hopefully it makes this irrelivent. Was just curious what those travelers (like myself) have.

BROKENSPROKET

Just kidding about the title, but I'm curious, which permit combinations are most popular. I went a little overboard and have 6 now. Each one adds at least one state to my list, I know I could get more but they would be completely redundant. The only other one I can remember being an option is CT that might add another state to the 39 I'm already OK in.

WI, UT, FL, AZ, ME, NH

I believe WI, UT, and FL might be the best bang for buck for getting the most number of states, but what say you?

WI, UT, AZ.

Right now with WI, UT, AZ, you would only need FL for FL. I am pretty sure that FL will accept WI so I didn't bother with that one.

I may go for NH and ME if I end up going that way. But if I do get those, then I might as well try and get CT, MA and MD as well.

M

McX

i'm out of contention already; in the steeeeenkin category i got 2, and some paper with cat paw prints all over it. that's it........................'cept for maybe this cheeseburger.

DocWalker

I live in Idaho buy regularly travel to Washigton through Oregon and Neveda through Utah. My Idaho CC covers me in Idaho and Utah, I can get an Oregon and Washington CC just by filling out the paperwork. Neveda requires me to take a class in the county I wish to apply for one unless I get an Arizona (just have to complete the paperwork) and it will cover me for Arizona and Nevada.

So if I have a Utah, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, and Idaho CC I can travel anywhere in the West except Kalifornia and I will be OK. Everyone wants a piece of the money pie.

BROKENSPROKET

I live in Idaho buy regularly travel to Washigton through Oregon and Neveda through Utah. My Idaho CC covers me in Idaho and Utah, I can get an Oregon and Washington CC just by filling out the paperwork. Neveda requires me to take a class in the county I wish to apply for one unless I get an Arizona (just have to complete the paperwork) and it will cover me for Arizona and Nevada.

So if I have a Utah, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, and Idaho CC I can travel anywhere in the West except Kalifornia and I will be OK. Everyone wants a piece of the money pie.

With the OR permit, I thought you had to live in a neighboring/border state to get one?

Last edited:

gm2max

Sorry to step on the WI forum, but can someone point me in the direction of a link to the site that best describes the national bill gun plan that is written above?

svelectric

WI, UT, AZ.

Right now with WI, UT, AZ, you would only need FL for FL. I am pretty sure that FL will accept WI so I didn't bother with that one.

I may go for NH and ME if I end up going that way. But if I do get those, then I might as well try and get CT, MA and MD as well.

I never thought about MA or MD, I thought you had to physically go there, or work there. Are they available by mail? If so, I might have to think about them.

The CT one is pretty pricey for one state, unless you'll specifically be traveling there.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Be careful what you wish for........

If the National bill passes, you will only need one..

It will definitely be a plus.:dude:

You just may get more 10A diluting commerce clause B.S. You're cheering for the same mechanic that allows for gun free school zones, national health care and just about any other unconstitutional mandate from the federal government.

mrjam2jab

Non-WI resident allowed to play? :rolleyes: PA, CT, UT, AZ. I had the ME paperwork filled out...but decided to wait and see what happens with HR822.

WI, UT, AZ.

NH, CT and ME are easily done by mail. MA you will need to plan a visit...but at $100/year... and forget about MD.

Sorry to step on the WI forum, but can someone point me in the direction of a link to the site that best describes the national bill gun plan that is written above?

http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/HR%20822%20Amendment%20Substitute.pdf

svelectric

Non-WI resident allowed to play? :rolleyes: PA, CT, UT, AZ. I had the ME paperwork filled out...but decided to wait and see what happens with HR822.

NH, CT and ME are easily done by mail. MA you will need to plan a visit...but at $100/year... and forget about MD.

http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/pdf/HR%20822%20Amendment%20Substitute.pdf

That's kind of what I thought about MA/MD non res permits... Probably won't happen, but I hope WI can get reciprocity with SC (I'll be traveling there in a couple of months...)

safcrkr

Had FL & MN, MN expired in 7/2011, FL good for another 10 months. I applied for WI and will apply for UT before FL expires in 9/2012. I don't intend to renew either MN or FL. UT will cover what FL did (except FL), plus MN, and I'm hoping FL will honor WI. I don't think a national reciprocity law will get past Obama.

svelectric

Had FL & MN, MN expired in 7/2011, FL good for another 10 months. I applied for WI and will apply for UT before FL expires in 9/2012. I don't intend to renew either MN or FL. UT will cover what FL did (except FL), plus MN, and I'm hoping FL will honor WI. I don't think a national reciprocity law will get past Obama.

I don't either...

Yooper

I only have 1, but it is recognized by every state that has provisions to honor out of state licenses. I CAN'T carry in HI, CA, OR, IL, NY, RI, CT, MA, MD, or NJ. I think MI is the only state in the nation that has it's permit recognized by every state that recognizes out of state permits.

DocWalker

I only have 1, but it is recognized by every state that has provisions to honor out of state licenses. I CAN'T carry in HI, CA, OR, IL, NY, RI, CT, MA, MD, or NJ. I think MI is the only state in the nation that has it's permit recognized by every state that recognizes out of state permits.

There is no CCW permit that is reconized in all 50 states. Florida is the best followed by Utah but some states like Kalifornia make it difficult to get one even for a resident of their state.